Prada F/W 2024.25 Milan

The air of pseudo-intellectuality everybody in the fashion scene accredits to Miuccia Prada always gives me the shivers as the clothes and their design don‘t really live up to it, if I‘m being honest.

Her design approach has for the most part always relied on a "let‘s-work-with-something-I-hate" mentality, that's hardly a groundbreaking way of thinking as people like Vivienne Westwood, the Japanese and the Belgians already paved the way for "bad taste" - Then you have another part about Prada that offered another nuance to 90ies minimalism largely attributed to when Marc Audibet worked with Ms. Prada.

What I find bittersweet about Prada is that her ongoing success (and darling-status in the industry) will grant her more significant credit in fashion history than Jil Sander and Helmut Lang, especially for 1990ies fashion - Both were deemed 'difficult' by the fashion scene while nobody acknowledged Mr. Bertelli’s part in it (There is way more to be said around what what happened behind the scenes than what was later mentioned about in the press).

I must say I found this particular collection more enjoyable than most people here on The Fashion Spot give it credit. Loved those very tight black leather jackets, the cashmere twinsets or the chunky-heeled boots that look like Ann Demeulemeester or A.F. Vandevorst suddenly designed Prada’s shoes.

I will gracefully oversee all the kitsch-y, lazy decorative elements, like the bows, that have so much become a formulaic thing with these two, just like the prints and excessive triangle applications now plastering almost every Prada product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->