Prada Menswear S/S 2009 : Louis and Claude Simonon by Hedi Slimane

Ed..

cape cod kwassa kwassa!
Reaction score
prada.jpg

MILAN-Prada is giving a whole new spin to its men’s wear ad campaign for Spring with the help of former Dior Homme designer Hedi Slimane.
This is the first time Slimane has worked with Prada on such a project. Slimane, who resumed his photography career following his exit from Dior last year, took black and white portraits of Louis and Claude Simonon, sons of Paul and Tricia Simonon, the bass player and manager of Punk band The Clash. In a statement, Prada said the brothers were photographed “in moments of reflection and introspection. It is a symbolic yet understated approach to desire in men’s wear; a new classicism with a rebel edge.” The Simonons are still in school in England and neither have previously modeled before or worked with Slimane. The artist has strong ties to the music world and published a photography book entitled, “Rock Diary,” earlier this year. WWD.

I am so disappointed with
1) Prada for not using Meisel :angry:
2) Hedi Slimane for not using models :angry:

Man, I love Hedi but this is so frustrating :cry:

that's okay, eventhough i thought it's dior homme collection. very slimane editorial

:( Too bad that Meisel did not shoot this. But as long as he shoots the womens campaign I'm happy.

Why is the hotter brother blurry? :lol:

That's an OK shot but doesn't blow my mind!

Nope.

I was expecting so much (I was NOT expecting Slimane...and I'm not particularly happy with the choice...I don't hate Hedi, but I prefer Miesel for Prada). The collection was beautiful, delicate and poetic...this is none of it. It should have been in signature Miesel faded colors to highlight the bronzes and browns of the collection. I don't even recognize the clothes...they look just like regular old suits...not those stunning windbreakers with the neck straps.

^ Exactly my thoughts as well. This is so ridiculous. What were they thinking?! :(

Nope.

I was expecting so much (I was NOT expecting Slimane...and I'm not particularly happy with the choice...I don't hate Hedi, but I prefer Miesel for Prada). The collection was beautiful, delicate and poetic...this is none of it. It should have been in signature Miesel faded colors to highlight the bronzes and browns of the collection. I don't even recognize the clothes...they look just like regular old suits...not those stunning windbreakers with the neck straps.

Completely agree.

Why on earth would they wanna choose boring suits over those signature pieces from the collection?!
And am I the only one who's starting to think that Hedi's getting a little overated?

:ninja: looks way to much like Dior Homme.

for some reason, when Hedi shoots, it's basically only his vision. the Dior Homme vision. it's getting really old now.

180pxbeatdeadhorseuk3.gif

encyclopediadramatica

haha i agree with everyone. as much as like hedi, i do not like this for prada. it needs color and is too much hedi's vision. he needs to start working on his own collection that's for sure.

hopefully the other shots will show more of the clothes. hedi slimane for prada? uh did not see this one coming.

Why is the hotter brother blurry? :lol:

:ninja:

I don't mind the fact that they used a different photographer, but it does look like a Dior Homme campaign shot by Hedi or an editorial shot by Hedi. Either way, I don't see Prada in this at all.

:onooo...I was quite dissapointed with last season men's ads, the guy can't look good without the beard...and with the SS09 collection wich I loved as usual:heart:, specially the colors and the coats hanging from the strings of fabric, those are great..but these are boring, I guess they wanna sell real clothes and suits are their best option which are prety nice. I loved Hedi's work at DiorHomme...some campaigns were good others not so much...because sometimes you just get bored with some his photography.

There was so much potential for a really great campaign, but with this first shot you can tell it's all going to be downhill from there...

I like that Prada is taking a different approach. At this point, she knows her clothes will sell regardless of who appears in the ad campaigns - therefore she is free to explore alternative means of creative expression.

That being said, the first shot doesn't really 'show' any of the collection. It's a beautiful portrait shot and all but as a advertisement its a little superfluous, no?

It seems to me that Miuccia has stopped doing the hideous double-collar thing. Thank God...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->