Prada Menswear S/S 2009 : Louis and Claude Simonon by Hedi Slimane

^^He sure does...

It was cool once, but it's time to move on, Hedi...pretty soon people are going to really get sick (many are already) of your obsession with lanky, teenage boys. Evolve, stat! I wish he would just start his own womens collection and leave these kids in school.

^yes london after berlin and paris ...
maybe next is going to be nyc ...

the boy was shot for D&C cover too ...

anyway ... i don't care about hedi shooting for prada ... he's clearly making a statement as him being a photographer now ... so i think dior homme is way behind him ...

and dior homme comments is actually what "annoys" me the most ... it's like hedi slimane is dior homme forever or dior homme is hedi slimane forever ... i think hedi slimane (though he really got me mad by some times when he was at dh) has done a lot more for menswear in general than for dior homme in particular that it's becoming ridiculous to sum him up to dior homme ...

and of course he is overrated ... but still you can appreciate him for what he does. not everyone (from who i know) is having the neo-classic larry clark aesthetics that good ...

the fact miuccia prada allows him to shot her campain is enough a statement to me to shut up and try to understand ...

i also like the fact that fashion in general those recent times is having a certain recul about the fashion image those days. i really need this - though i like seeing outfits which are important for my eyes.
maybe too many images into my brain give me the envy to let my imagination work for once ... it sounds like the F.Sozzani state of mind (it's really making me think those days ... really !)

sorry i've d**** a lot this evening ... if it makes no sense ... forget ...
:doh:

Disappointing to say the least. Hedi can, and has, done so much better than this.

It's a nice photograph, but you know what? There are a lot of photographers who can take a nice B&W photo and manage to make it striking.

Overall it's kind of....empty.

^^I agree.

It feels the same way as Sasha being replaced for the mainline campaign. I mean, I know there will have to be a time when Miuccia will have to move on, but it doesn't make the transition any less painful...at least Miesel will be doing the women's campaign. It's still frustrating because I thought the menswear collection had so much potential to make a GREAT campaign and I always like it better when the menswear and womenswear campaigns are similar, if not the same. It gives unity to a brand.

and dior homme comments is actually what "annoys" me the most ... it's like hedi slimane is dior homme forever or dior homme is hedi slimane forever ... i think hedi slimane (though he really got me mad by some times when he was at dh) has done a lot more for menswear in general than for dior homme in particular that it's becoming ridiculous to sum him up to dior homme ...

I agree 100%.

Hedi Slimane's aesthetic is what made Dior Homme such a strong and aesthetically recognizable brand.

He reworks HIS Hedi Slimane aesthetic into everything he does, such as this campaign.

Dior Homme was one element of his OVERALL aesthetic. It's unfair for to refer to this ONE creative endeavour for the rest of his life.

and of course he is overrated ... but still you can appreciate him for what he does. not everyone (from who i know) is having the neo-classic larry clark aesthetics that good ...
agreed.

Looks O.K., but honestly, this collection was fantastic and I'm affraid Hedi will not show it's whole potential. I would like to see Meisel here so much but well, we'll see :ermm:

I guess I echo the sentiment that with Hedi you get one specific vision. The vision is strong, and he is very talented, but when I see this image I don't see Prada. Its a wonderful photo, but all I see is Hedi.

That being said, the first shot doesn't really 'show' any of the collection. It's a beautiful portrait shot and all but as a advertisement its a little superfluous, no?

I'm hoping the image got cut off somehow or it's only one half of the ad because...yeah :lol: beautiful portrait shot but I wanna see the clothes.

I love Hedi so much but I hate his style for Prada I just dont like it. And these are not super Hedi-ish pictures at all no crispness or strong black and white tones it is just so grey to me. I dont think that he will forever be Dior Homme either but I dont think a Prada ad is the right way to break that image.

I don't even remember what the menswear collection was like. Isn't the point of ads showing the clothes people want to buy? Granted, this is only the preview but it just looks like his other portraits. Wait, maybe Prada is selling Slimane's name in order to sell their clothes? Hedi took the Prada pictures, now you go buy it because you love Hedi everything and miss Dior Homme so much. :innocent:

i kind of feel embarassed (not sure about this word and its use in english ....) with the fact everybody cannot see Hedi Slimane as a photographer being paid and pleasing one of his client (it's an ad campain !! not an editorial) ... He doesn't show really his vision but the client's vision ...

When he shoots for a publication like V.Paris or V.Hommes it's ok to say that he shows his, that it's the same portraits all over (by the way have you seen Craig McDean portraits of artists in Interview ? ... well they do look very similar to the ones Hedi did some times ago for V.Hommes), same style, b&w etc.

But the man is evolving in photography ... Eventhough he makes photo as an amateur for a long time his style has changed, imo ... He went from details of scene to portraits of human being (portrait is a genre ... and he is, imo, not a bad portraitist).

anyway ... why everybody is judging the pictures because of Hedi Slimane - blaming him more than the concept .... It's an ad campain and I'm not sure the photog' is the one with the last word. Miuccia employed a photog' not an artist she would trust to death ...

And though you should raise one good point Jacque Marcel ... I'm more and more feeling bad to be so pessimistic about commercial images .... Prada can do a different thing for once in commercials (look, on the opposite, Chanel where we hadn't seen a face yet ....) She emphasizes indivual behaviour instead of an outfit ... Commercials are here to sell outfits ... But there are here to sell an Image of the brand, too !

But anyway time will tell ... We hadn't seen the whole campain ...

this is not what i expect from prada, especially for this collection. NOT a fan. :ninja:

I know this wasn't the most popular campaign, but here's another version of it:

Scanned by Manuva from i-D Feb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joaopessoni
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->