Prada Menswear S/S 2009 : Louis and Claude Simonon by Hedi Slimane

Who looks like a young Johnny Depp.

Good looking kids Prada got there.

It's probably a disappointment of the season.

not liking this ;(

i'm trying to imagine the mens ads looking the same way as the prada womens ads.. hmm that would be an interesting sight.

Is this even the same collection? I mean, why on earth would they not photograph those stunning halter strap windbreakers?

I know we only have a few images so far, but all we've seen are regular old suits and shirts...I don't get it...

thank you, Manuva. I really like that shot and the previous one as well, I've always enjoyed Hedi's approach to clean lines and uncomplicated effects, it's quite refined and almost as striking as Vanderperre's work, I love that they're both into b&w and minimalism but it doesn't ever become a safety net for them or something pretentious (unlike M&M).. it may be boring or disappointing for some but I still keep in high regard those who can capture perfectly cut clothes through the camera without an urgent need to rely on an army of 'hot new faces', bad story-telling ads or 'outrageous' marketing.

and Berlin, great comment, this Hedi = Dior Homme, Bring back Phoebe, etc etc. type of uninformed melancholy... gah, I just want to scream a big old STFU. :ninja:

I really like that shot and the previous one as well, I've always enjoyed Hedi's approach to clean lines and uncomplicated effects, it's quite refined (...) it may be boring or disappointing for some but I still keep in high regard those who can capture perfectly cut clothes through the camera without an urgent need to rely on an army of 'hot new faces', bad story-telling ads or 'outrageous' marketing.
i feel the same way.

thanks a lot, Manuva.

for some reason, when Hedi shoots, it's basically only his vision. the Dior Homme vision. it's getting really old now.

*please remove quoted pictures*
encyclopediadramatica

I agree. As much as I like Hedi and the pictures, I just feel like his vision isn't for Prada.

Last edited by a moderator:
louis_7.jpg

1017869042_orig_louispraass09.jpg

models.com

i like these a lot better. especially the two white dress outfits (which i liked from the show anyways.)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks for those ^_^

i love the sweater photo, it is very impactive...i agree very much with Mulletproof :flower:...i really believe some of the best work can be striking and beautiful without the need for visual theatrics...innovation is not always necessary; classicism and minimalism is powerful and in the age of effects, photo editing, notion cramming etc. work like this is a refreshing reprieve and beautifully organic

this is hedi's signature photography, it's what he excels at and the vision captured here is quintessentially the prada homme

this campaign is stunning :heart:

scanned by whatelseinga @ modelhommes :flower:

Love it!! The composition in this ad is amazing...love the line and curve effect. And the rest of the photos (after the first one in the first post) is much more what I was expecting it: excellent presentation of the clothes which I can't get enough of here. Makes me wish I had a guy to dress up :ninja::lol:.

Thanks so much to everyone who posted new images :flower:.

the more i look at this campaign the more i like it. i love it, really... it's beautiful.

This campaign is very good, I like it.

it would have been awesome if Prada Menswear would have followed the womenswear campaign. a lineup of cute, buff guys. (although, knowing Miuccia we would have gotten a lineup of sickly looking prepubescent boys :lol:)

I really like it! it's simple and clean. that way the focus is on clothes, no distractions

Leasson learned....don't judge a campaign before seeing the final result. :lol:

I like it more thank I thought after seeing all the images, I specially love the 5 pic that was my favorite piece from teh collection.

^^Agreed.

The first shots we did get were the more boring of the set, but I really do like the images where the more recognizable pieces of the collection are shown.

haha yeah i really really like these campaigns now. i love how it really shows off the clothes and how mature these look for hedi's photography.. i wish it had a small hint of color, like a muted color palette. hedi has shot some photos in dull colors and it still works. i really liked the colors used in the show and was hoping to see them in the ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joaopessoni
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->