Prada S/S 2009 by Steven Meisel

Finally! I looooove it. One of the best adds of this season. I love shoes. Realy nice. And pics with amazing gold dresses are just fantastic.

pretty damn amazing! a group campaign really can't get any better than this

thank you so much heidiseasea for posting the full & complete set of campaign! :smile: karma for you! :smile:

anyhow, i think i'll never mind repeating this again and again that i LOVE/ADORE this WONDERFUL campaign! :wink: this is just perfection! i really love this to bits! definitely my top fave. this season. you know how it feels by just looking at any of the photos, it will definitely make your day great. :wink: super-duper credit to the one and only master who lensed this one, steven meisel! you rock! \m/

Last edited by a moderator:
but you know what TFSers, i just thought, what if this campaign were fronted by the dolled-faces/03-07 models instead of the models that are here? what if this were fronted by jessica stam, gemma ward, lily donaldson, tanya dziahileva, caroline trentini, snejana onopka, natasha poly and the ultimate prada girl, sasha pivovarova??? what do you think? :smile: well, i could just imagine if this were had the models that i mentioned, it would turn out DIVINE! :smile:

I actually don't think that would've worked at all tbh. The campaign was directly inspired by classical Roman and Greek art, hence they chose a lineup of girls who are fairly classic in the beauty department.

But with the stark lighting, the exaggerated highlights and pale coloring, the whole "doll/bug" lineup of girls would've looked like androids rather than statues.

although i HATED the collection...
the campaign is AMAZING and the clothes photograph so well
y didnt they look this good on the runway

photoshopped?

oh btw. how'd you get he ad campaign without the previous, next buttons showing up?
Some friend helped me with some special technique~
I cannot figure it out either, since I major in fashion management~B)

but you know what TFSers, i just thought, what if this campaign were fronted by the dolled-faces/03-07 models instead of the models that are here? what if this were fronted by jessica stam, gemma ward, lily donaldson, tanya dziahileva, caroline trentini, snejana onopka, natasha poly and the ultimate prada girl, sasha pivovarova??? what do you think? :smile: well, i could just imagine if this were had the models that i mentioned, it would turn out DIVINE! :smile:
First of all~ thank u!
I would say I prefer the 03-07 models a lot more. They'll bring me back to real fashion world
reminds me of an old versace companion, I can imagine
Caroline, Natasha, Hana, Gemma, Jessica,Lily......
despite the dollfaces, Liya, Mariacarla, Isabeli were also icons of that "age"

Thank you, HeidiSeaSea!

And if there are any time travelers here, when and if you visit Ancient Rome/Greece, it would be excellent if you could get these ads done in friezes, I assure you your TFS karma will be waiting for you when you get back.

i don't think the a-list girls would do this campaign better,because the concept is all about the clothes,no one have eye-contact with the camera,if some faces like Sasha or Tanya appeared,their unique beauty would ruin the unity on aesthetics,which is very important for a campaign.

[scanned by vogue28 from UK Grazia - 9th February 2009]

HQ

HQs from prada.com, in larger size than the ones posted before:flower:

i really can't shake off the idea of a restroom line in a fancy restaurant/club. something about the pained faces and the lightning...

on a fashion note, i really grew to love those shoes. w/o those awful "socks" they're really nice sandals. i don't care for the pointy toed slingbacks tho...

thanks fini!!! whew!!! can't get over with this campaign! its really WONDERFUL!!! i have the shot wherein they're all in black as my laptop wallpaper. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->