Prada S/S 2009 by Steven Meisel

The styling is so whitewashed that it makes the individual pieces undiscernable and slightly lost amidst the commotion of the ad.

It's a clear winner for Prada, spectacular campaign! :flower:

I do agree with youarearockstar, my impression of the collection was very metallic gold, quite unlike this shot. But who knows, we might have some more even spectacular shots from Meisel :flower::heart:

:shock: :woot: omg, I am actually amazed at how much I like this.

I like the concept, not impressed by the outcome. It definitely doesn't make me want to run off and buy the clothes on display... As for the cast, Viktoriya steals the spotlight here (and I can't stand the girl). The squished girls in the middle didn't get much to work with. Nimue just looks forced and out of tune.

when I first saw it, all I could think were mannequins in a store window, but the antic composition makes sense.

its better than what i expected, so I am happy.

:shock: :woot: omg, I am actually amazed at how much I like this.

so am I, very amazed :woot:

I wasn't expecting much after seeing models choice and after awful Linda's campaign, but this definitely is one of the best Prada campaigns ever!

Stunning and brilliant, seems like using models who all look the same brings much focus on the clothes ^_^

:clap:Love,love!Nimue and Yrme:wub:and i love the concept.

Hot DAMN!!!!:shock:

Even though I'm not the hugest fan of the casting, the image itself is stunning.:heart:

I disagree with you, the designer has the right to use models that he/she thinks that matches with the brand.

People have the right to do a lot of things that are racist, one does not preclude the other :huh:.

Anyway, I'm completely unimpressed by it despite its supposed high art inspiration. No individual piece or girl stands out it's all too clonish. (It's rather laughable how even tFS fans can't say who's who.) With Balenciaga it may have been a group but each girl was distinctive enough to stand out and work her outfit. That's what I want to feel from my RTW ads...not that I'm apart of some weird group-thought experiment :unsure:.

Oh well, at least I have the men's campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have the right to do a lot of things that are racist, one does not preclude the other :huh:.

Yup, but if one uses the models he or she prefers, not other ethnic races, also doesn't equal he or she is racist either :flower:

from Vogue UK:

IT'S all about "new classicism with a rebel edge" for Prada's spring/summer 2009 campaigns, shot by Steven Meisel and Hedi Slimane for womenswear and menswear respectively.

Inspired by ancient stone bas-reliefs and a desire to return to basic emotional and physical dimensions in classical art and early culture, see a line-up of gorgeously glowing models, seemingly connected by dance as they don those elegantly crumpled dresses adorned in bows and bras and those towering shoes for the womenswear campaign images.

^^ahah ... that's what i wrote hours ago onto my blog ...
i even took the same quote ...

I really like the freshness and cleaness of it but.......this is the problem with using lookalike models, I only recognised Toni at first :ninja:

i don't see what everyone else is seeing...this is bland to me and doesn't make me interested in the clothes...and i don't know how anyone is saying that one girl outshines the other because they all look the same...yea i get the concept they were going for but it doesn't appeal to me...there have definitely been better prada campaigns in the past...but maybe after seeing the other pictures, it'll change my mind

I like yes is 1000 more bets of the lasts campaings i liked and rememberme to Balenciaga but is efective this campaing i need see more but are a good campaing

omg this is freaking adorable
i bet this is gonna be my fave ss campaign:heart::heart::heart:

I find it boring, all look alikes can't distinguish who is who. I know it is all about the clothes but it is boring not a wow factor

Oh that Balenciaga campaign is bringing back so many memories. Sigh...the good old days!

Onward to Prada, I think it looks good but I'd love to see it in HQ. The whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->