Prada S/S 2009 by Steven Meisel

I cant wait for prada.com to upload campaign pictures :buzz:

Yup, but if one uses the models he or she prefers, not other ethnic races, also doesn't equal he or she is racist either :flower:

I'm pretty sure the first comment was based on an observation of actions observed over several years rather than a single campaign casting. If folks still want to hang on the idea that after all these years Prada has never ever come across a single non-white model who could possibly fit into her campaign because of simple "preference" that's cool. (At least we got to see some Asians kill it in Miu Miu.) I'll just have to wait until some major black markets open up that fill half a hemisphere and then that magical black model will appear.

Edit: Please, Prada, let me eat my words and cast Jourdan.

Last edited by a moderator:
^i'm not 100% sure but i wonder if Chanel ever shows a black girl .....
one other thing i'm wondering .... i am absolutely with Naomi Campbell, Alek Wek etc. fight over this "racism" issue in Fashion ...
But i always wonder why we summarize one person to his/her colour and not his/her heritage ... ??? don't we have gone over this colour thing ? didn't we evoluate ? why do we still consider colours and not nationalities ?
if we would consider nationalities well we should be happy non ?

i don't often hear people blaming about the lack of french or german models in campain ...

but that's a personal question which doesn't make me give up about a hidden ras-le-bol of not seeing as many black/asian/indian girls in ad campains as we see white models ...
i think we should go back to the brazilian girls (where mix of ethnics is clear ....) and forget the eastern girls ...

and for this particular campain i think the problem of race is not something we can talk about ... but maybe the choice of antic greek art is not innocent ... to allow a all white girls line-up ...

I really like/love this ad, although i agree with MyNameIs that it is at least very marginal, especially when Jourdan Dunn would have been PERFECT for this campaign, as she was for the collection. But i think this concept was about everything looking the same, no difference, no character, because as you can see in the old Balenciaga ad, each girl stand stands as an individual, herself, but they are all united by the clothes and styling. Here, they are just clones, each is meaningless.

^^Bahiyya, love you comment:flower:, and yes, Sasha IS killing it!

I'm loving this, very classical, like the plain white clothes. I'm guessing we are going to have an equally (if not more) dazzling shot with the gold metallic pieces from the collection.

Now if only Miu Miu can be this good (even with katie holmes..)

Finally Prada makes a good campaign! The girls look amazing!

Clear forefront on who's going to be on my best ads list this season!

I wasn't expecting this at all but it's gorgeous. The three girls most right are selling it best though.

I was hoping for something slightly more ethnic, damp, Josephine Baker-esque. Perhaps too literal.

I wasn't expecting much from this campaign, but I LOVE IT. All of the girls look gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

:heart:
I'm guessing here if the background color will change. That would be interesting because there are kind of a group of brown, golden, white, patterned clothes.

A far as the clothes go, it looks okay. i love the ribbon on Ymre's shoulder in the air, its really beautiful. I also love the bag placings and how the fit with not only the looks but the ad. The way Viktoriya is singled out, i really like it. Its as if Meisel is really gving her the space to shine above everyone else in the photo. Ymre really shows how perfect she is for the campaign, let alone the collection, and i don't even know if I like her yet as a model. And the way Katrin's cheekbone is defined like that, :shock::wub: its gorgeous. My favorites are Viktoriya, Ymre and Katrin, everyone else seems like they are just there....

After Linda's disaster of the last season I can finally say:THIS IS SOOO AMAZING!
I love how all the models try to kick out the rivals from the scene :lol::lol::lol:
I also want to see the shot in golden dresses...I think the light effect will be amazing!:woot:
But overall...I still miss Sasha!:(

I agree^^ I miss Saha too... but I think this is OK...so much better than plastic -surgery- gone- wrong- linda last time...
i disagree though with those who think Vikytoria looks the best.. to me she has the most boring pose despite having the most room... the best I think are the middle "three graces", very classical poses...very Botticelli, Sigrid Toni and Katrin... liking sigrid's the best..

I do like the concept and the clothes look great... I just think that there are too many altogether...

It looks striking, nothing we havent seen before but still well done, the clothes look good and i hated that collection with passion.

And about Prada casting when it comes to ethinc models, well i completly agree with Bahiyya's comment on the previous page!

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

It's definitely not where I would have gone with the collection, but I really do like it a lot. In fact, I don't think I've liked a Prada ad this much since Daria's circa 2003.

The body language, the subtle coloration punctuated with the black ribbons and the way the lighting really shows off the texture of the clothes all works together really well.

I'll hold off on declaring that I love it until I see more of the campaign, but I have a feeling I will.

wow i had NO idea how this campaign would turn out. it makes justice to the beautiful collection, unlike last season. i love it.:heart:

Wow so stunning! I'm sure the gold dresses will show up as the climax of the campaign shots...they couldn't show us the best ones first or we'd all be let down after the rest missed the mark! And I adore the casting...all the girls are crazy gorgeous (and even though I know they all look similar that doesn't take away from their beauty) and I love that they look like statues.

I don't think anyone should be saying "shame on Miuccia for not using black models" because we can't judge her for that. I can't see Jourdan in this campaign because it would put the focus on her instead of the clothes...and it would make the multi-girl cast useless. Would Miuccia really do that? No, especially when she's using unrecognizable newbies to spotlight the designs. You can't force black models into the campaigns. That said, I'm not a fan of Jourdan anyway, but I think it would have been spectacular if they shot her and some others in the darker clothes against a dark backdrop (the opposite of this one) in addition to the one previewed. That could be so gorgeous...but it wouldn't be feasible to have two totally separate casts (would also be confusing) and especially with each cast being different ethnicities...people would call that racist too.

:shock: Oh my! :wub:

This is exactly how I wished this campaign would turn out...full body-shot groupshots, just like that Balenciaga campaign for ummm FW 0607 I believe...perfect motion, perfect clothes (yes, I am a fan of the collection) perfect girls...Adore it to the bone :heart:

how you people can tell those girls apart is beyond me. they all look kinda the same to me, the first and last girl even look identical to me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->