Prada S/S 2016 Milan

I think Prada was too fixated on the overall 'look' of her woman this season because she was repeated too many times throughout. But I loved the coats in particular, the fishnet shawl (things) I didn't care for.

Imagine seeing a woman in one of these dresses in the street. Would you take a sensond look. I wouldn't. I wonder how Muccia manages to make even very beaurtiful models look that extremely boaring.

No - this collection is not my cup of tea at all.

not that good unless you think of turning up at someone's funeral like hi..
Prada-Wear-Spring-Summer-2016-Milan-4969-1443119804-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion

eta: these silver flats are a dream. :heart:

Didn't even show her come out at the end, maybe she wasn't so proud of it.

This is filled with references to some of her old collections in a subtle way, so I enjoy that. But she has piled on too much, and the accessories and makeup overload it even more. Everything else is no different from the typical Prada look.

i dunno..not feeling it much. it saddens me :( i like the embellished coats at the end though. hate the stripes.

I'm absolutely in love with this collection, have no idea what's going on, but it doesn't feel she's trying to get into the decade game again, for me that's exciting enough for a Prada collection. And so many elements in the design language, those stripes are lovely in motion, and the beads are killing it in those final numbers. Bravo^_^

Eh...not utter sh*te, but the whole thing feels like an overly ambitious resort collection. The styling is so reaching in every way, quite heavy handed as well. I want to see someone other than Rizzo style for Prada now. Does he even have a sense of what people actually want to wear in real life?

The three coats at the end were nice and I like anything grey and plaid, but piled under those formless silhouettes, random fishnet capes and topped off with LV/Ghesquiere rip-off earrings it all looks a bit sickly.

much better than most of her recent outings to be honest. i'm not particularly blown away by it, and she's still referencing herself, but there's some amazing looks, and i also love the styling.

Does he even have a sense of what people actually want to wear in real life?
oh you didn't... yes he does and that's how he started, but better, less catering to what people 'want' to wear and more influenced by what young people were already wearing, but better too, not Hedi bs. I don't think his weight on this is as monumental as you make it sound, Miuccia has been doing gimmicks for the past 10 years...

Seriously?!!
apart from the shoes and accessories, I don't see the point..
Completely out of touch with customer reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
is that a rocket ship print i see on one of the looks? if so, that's the only thing i like from this collection. otherwise it's just too hideous.:blink:

You should see the menswear collection, those shirts and sweaters are for the youngs day look; blazers just like Chanel tweeds to mix them with jeans, or if you go for more mature look, pencil skirts are good to match with; skirts will be adapted to office look. They all have their places to go. I don't find the absurdity.

oh you didn't... yes he does and that's how he started, but better, less catering to what people 'want' to wear and more influenced by what young people were already wearing, but better too, not Hedi bs. I don't think his weight on this is as monumental as you make it sound, Miuccia has been doing gimmicks for the past 10 years...

Don't get me wrong, when he first started working with Miuccia about a decade ago, there was an off-kilter ease to the way in which Prada/Miu Miu clothes were presented on the runway (thinking of F/W 2006 particularly). I have loved his work in the past but I think he's just pushed himself into a hideously pretentious style box of sorts in recent times.

Then again I often think that it must be the designer who really dictates how each outfit is layered and presented; the stylist must truly often just be a soundboard of sorts. I see stuff I like here but it's just so over the top and lacking any sense of effortlessness.

I get too much LV out of this collection. This doesn't even feel like Miuccia this season. Very disappointing.

A decent collection destroyed by a very pretentious styling. I really don't like this layering thing.
I love the lightness of everything.

I've never been a fan of Prada so no surprise that I don't like this.

I felt some LV vibes too. Not a fan of the clothes, are pretty boring, thought. I liked the accessories, but nothing more. Disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->