Gucci S/S 2016 Milan

This has to be the worst collection I've ever seen from Gucci.

I don't get the appeal in this at all.

It reminds me of Deirdre Barlow 'weather field one' mixed with Kiki Dee and Angela Lansbury.

Straight out of hipster kiddo paradise. Can't wait to see those glasses on all the artsy fartsy peeps here in Berlin. :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

I never see somebody really stylish in Berlin. Or in Hamburg, or in Cologne... It seems that they know only one brand - Gucci.

I'm sure the buyers will order from today. After the the Gucci shoes which are "Must have" of fall 2015.

There is some pieces I really like. If you take them apart one by one I think it's a good collection. But styled this way it's too messy for my taste.

I am warming up at Alessandro's aesthethics for Gucci :wub:

While I respect his effort in revitalising Gucci, I can't help but hope for some more luxurious items. His collections can look a bit cheap and costumey, like from a movie set. Just a few coats and fabrics that scream "expensive" and "refined" would make the whole thing better. Also, I think some of the colours he uses are the wrong shade and makes them look less luxurious.

I was worried it was going to be another Hedi Slimane collection with no evolution ie basically the same sh!t each season. That was not the case.
There is a definite evolution, I see heels, more sexier dresses, slit skirts,diaphanous shapes.
He needs to focus and hone in on that aspect and let go of the over the top pansy dressing. But I guess that appeals to some customers. It was a fun show to watch , there is depth in his designs. Those Elton John Trump Loeil sunglasses and Pedophile aviators will sell like hot cakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love it. I really like this new Gucci.
A great, diverse collection even if i find his long dresses a bit too much sometimes in terms of decorations.

I went in a Gucci store after a long time and it was so weird to see Frida's clothes/accessories next to Alessandro's. Alessandro's Gucci is much more versatile and feels more special than Frida.
One thing he is really strong at is tailoring and separates. I love his softer and looser tailoring with natural shoulders.

Before with Frida, the clothes were special because of the Gucci label and all the glamour around it. It was slick, with decent quality but it wasn't special enough and it was a bit too much of the same thing: shift dresses, wrap dresses, deep colors or very buttery light colors.

Alessandro's clothes are special in their own and even with plain black clothes, the looser shapes made the whole thing different.

The former Gucci customer (Frida's one) will buy it because they bought Frida because of the name and the prestige but the older Gucci customer (Tom Ford's one) will come back to Gucci for more fashion stuff.

This is going to get old very fast. All his work looks like one never-ending collection à la Valentino. Very boring and one-dimensional.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised, there's a lot of really beautiful looks and some are cute. Everything is appealing to me and it's weird because I can remember that awful Alessandro's first collection. If I were a Gucci customer, I would be very happy with this collection.

No, no, no, no, no, and a big, fat NO to all of this.

And is it me, or does it seem like his take on vintage styles is starting to look all the same? Where does one collection end and another one start?

I can see his Gucci getting old, very quickly.

it just feels like its trying really hard to be relevant. It doesn't feel authentic at all.

I know that this is not the Gucci that we all usually know but I dont care, is beautiful, preppy, fresh and not boring. Im exited with this new vibe. I love it :heart:

No, no, no, no, no, and a big, fat NO to all of this.

And is it me, or does it seem like his take on vintage styles is starting to look all the same? Where does one collection end and another one start?

I can see his Gucci getting old, very quickly.

:lol: I think the same. What will Gucci do once the 70's trend is over? And considering how fast trends go away... In four years he'll be out. Or even sooner.

So freaking gorgeous. It's really amazing how confident he is about his vision for the brand. And it's even more amazing that with each collection he reaffirms the aesthetic so the roots get more and more strong, but at the same time exploring more territories and introducing new things.

Each look is like this own little chapter of a book with its own character, but all within a bigger story. You get lost in each one of them and you wish it wouldn't end. He's by far one of the most exciting things to happen in fashion in quite some time.

Each look is like this own little chapter of a book with its own character, but all within a bigger story. You get lost in each one of them and you wish it wouldn't end. He's by far one of the most exciting things to happen in fashion in quite some time.

Really? :blink: I mean, I'm the first one who thinks there might be some cute pieces here and there, and in his resort there were nice garments too... And it sort of feels 'fresh' (not anymore, though). But all it is is garments. Very basic garments. If you research the 70's style at a street level all you'll find is clothes like those on the catwalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->