Prada SS10 DIY

~Fixation~

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could share some ideas on how to re-create these pants? I'm a beginner in sewing etc but they kind of look fairly easy (but i may be wrong). Any kind of help would be appreciated :D

00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00100m.jpg
00360m.jpg

style.com

Its surprisingly hard to create a simple tailored jacket (in picture #4), but the unfinished seams should be easy to replicate. No but seriously, I thought this thread would be about the accessories, sorry I am of no help, but the bauble accessories could be a nice DIY project :flower:

i think you can find a pattern for bermuda shorts and just leave the hem unfinished. also seems to be just piping instead of a waistband

Yeah, the waistband is either piped or finished with a kind of facing. Facings are a bit easier if you're still a sewing novice, but piping might be better to do given that there's a fly in the front as opposed to just a zip.

I think the most important thing to recreate this is finding the right fabric. The fabric looks like it's got a bit of stiffness to it that gives it that crisp, sharp look. Traditional suiting fabric would be too fluid for that effect. And I'd be careful with trying to recreate the crease down the front. Depending on the fiber content that crease could be permanent, which would suck if it doesn't come out straight or something.

The pattern itself is pretty standard unless there's some detail that's too subtle in pictures. I'd do what gius recommended, find a basic fitted bermuda short pattern (or buy a cheap pair from H&M or somewhere that you wouldn't mind disassembling) and go from there. If you do buy a ready-made pattern you can always make a test pair in muslin or some other junky fabric and have someone help you alter the fit of the leg if it's not tapered enough for you. You could even use a narrow, flat front womens trouser pattern and just chop the excess length off (after checking where it will hit on your leg).

Hope some of this was helpful. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->