33z8hhv.png

358qttc.png
2iu6y2x.png

10n89a9.png
2ez7fb6.png

2hmd937.png
ir8011.png

fashionologie

Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi found a hit with their Preen "Power" bandage dress and siphoned that success into this year's diffusion line Preen Line — which has been doing so well the designers are said to be mulling a separate runway show for it at the upcoming London Fashion Week. The same line of thought — reworking what already works — is how they approached their Cruise 2010 collection — hence their trademark bandage minidresses, cutouts, and shimmery fabrics from past seasons made new with a little texture.

I WANT IT ALL. My BBF wants me to wear their bandage dress as my bridesmaid dress at her wedding. Man I hope it comes true.

preen=cruise??? i have to wrap my head around such a concept as when i think of cruise i think of high-luxe,power houses. and this looks just like a p-a-p spring collection to me. what's the point???

preen=cruise??? i have to wrap my head around such a concept as when i think of cruise i think of high-luxe,power houses. and this looks just like a p-a-p spring collection to me. what's the point???

super messed up priorities, methinks. it's like designers increasingly spring/summer and fall/winter ready-to-wear are for their experimental fantasies and the pre-fall and resort collections are to sell.

with that said, this collection is like a bridge line for balmain. cute, but clearly derivative.

I've never warmed up to the new direction that Preen has been showing for a while, kinda Herve Leger/A.Wang/Balmain mix bag. So this is no exception, it looks lazy and uninspiring, sort of like "let's re-use all the patterns we have done for the past seasons and do them up in different fabrications and trims, and call it Resort".

love Preen, but there are only a few looks that I am reallllly loving from this collection. some of the dresses are super hot!

I really like a lot of this ^_^ But I feel like it's all been done before

Is it me or is the hair and makeup very Kristen Stewart?!

I like the second dress through. I wish the hair was up so we'd get a better look, though.

I really like this, it's very repetitive but still gorgeous.

I've never warmed up to the new direction that Preen has been showing for a while, kinda Herve Leger/A.Wang/Balmain mix bag. So this is no exception, it looks lazy and uninspiring, sort of like "let's re-use all the patterns we have done for the past seasons and do them up in different fabrications and trims, and call it Resort".

That's exactly what struck me as well!

While this looks more like a P-a-P SS collection to me, it's hands down the best out there. I wouldn't fault Preen on this as most other designers, eg. Alexander Wang, Balenciaga, Dior, did quite elaborate resort collections that have nothing to do with an easy, relaxed holiday wardrobe. Love how there's so much thought and ideas put into every piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->