Balenciaga Resort 2010

must be my lucky day!!! great collection at lanvin and now balenciaga:smile: chanels looks ia amazing. the dress is beautiful and the shoes are cool. the rest of the shoes are also quite cool. and the suiting and the volume are beautiful. and the leather pieces...gorgeous!!!

I actually really love this collection. As a cruise collection, it's done its purpose for wearability. To be honest, i dont think Chanel's boots are that bad, i'm sure there'll b someone out there who can make them work.
I dont know which direction Ghesquiere's heading with Balenciaga yet, but personally i'm loving what he's done so far. I think it's unfair to ask him to stay at the exact from spot as he was 3 years ago.
I mean, if he goes back to futuristic, people'll start saying 'i'm so sick of the same old thing, time to move on', yet when he moves on, people start telling him to go back to his roots?
anyhoo, i think the whole collection and styling are really good :smile:, especially the shoes! let's see what he'll do with his coming mens collection.

those basket-weave open toe boots remind me of those bless has been doing for years, though theirs are actually knitted and not on high heels. I am liking these nonetheless... in black, please!

other than that, i am not liking any of the clothing so far... those big, ruffled collars look silly and contrived to me, especially given the grunge-y, thrown together look in madras check. The infanta dress looks like a perfectly classical archive Balenciaga piece, you can't go wrong with that... let's wait until Style.com features the full collection, hopefully there's more to it than Nicolas' worst archive pieces for the house!

i'm in LOVE. from the shoes to jackets to the dresses to the styling...it's basically eye candy to me.

That dress on Chanel is almost atrocious. It does look like a shortened and ill-fitting version of a Valentino staple piece with an extremely poor fabric choice. I like the shoes, but the pants are terrible. The cut is not flattering and the waist proportion to the legs is really off. The 4th look is to die for, and I would have preferred to see him explore that shape and structure, even though it wouldn't be anything new for him.

I also hate the overall fabric choices. Almost all the jackets look ill-fitting, hence look poorly constructed. It wouldn't hurt to see an eye-candy of a collection for a resort show, no matter how cool you are as a maison. Maybe next time.

Most pieces look almost ugly without any merit, I think. I am disappointed.

It's lovely. I see too much heavy clothes and layers for a resort collection but it's beautiful anyway. May not be a collection for the books but it's pretty.

After seeing the whole thing I just love it. I can't not to :heart:

Full collection:

28riky8.jpg
11huef5.jpg

5oa7wj.jpg
r7kjcw.jpg

style.com/

hmm. i love it even more seeing the entire collection but yeah i guess it does seem rather random. and gosh i hate the print (i never like prints ever).. reminds me of the fall show and how much i did not like it then.. shrugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->