Proenza Schouler S/S 10 New York

Abominable.
It's a better-cut Gucci.
There's not one piece I like.
Last season a lot of people were doing architectural pieces which I absolutely loved; Proenza Schouler was one of those designers. Apart from the silhouette which I quite like, I really dislike this. A lot.
So disappointed by the PS duo.

Last edited by a moderator:
the dress on Natasha and variations on that are beautiful

it's like the men's cavalli 2010 Spring show, but just on one girl

The start is good, but then it's just a bunch of dresss with no cohesive thread or direction. bad editing and line-up, but those peacock-like dresses look beautiful

Yes that is my problem with this collection, I don't see the direction or what goal they were shooting for. Some pieces look very random.

i really like this collection! it might be because i love 90's style AND the Cali surfer look (being from la and all lol) so this is right up my alley. ESPECIALLY love that bright yellow/green top and blue skirt combo! and the accessories are cute too!

A good one from Proenza!! I was so waiting/hoping for this!

overall i ike this collection, the overall 90s vibe and the messed up hair which reminds me of highschool in the suburbs haha
there are some outfits i dont like. some are alright. i quite like the subtly tie dye deconstructed shirt dresses with the buttons all done up and with little tie dye t-shirt peeking out. i will probably attempt that look tomorrow haha

They took a different direction this season and I really enjoyed it, especially the first half of the collection.

Somehow it looks like a evolution from their winter collection. I found it very intriguing in a way that the prints give a more realistic and very refreshing amazonian feel compared to the traditional animal textures that only bring exotic thoughts.
In my opinion, the second half looks more cohesive compared to the first one; there's a rhythm created by the colors that emphasizes the agressiveness of the girl wearing it.

If Proenza really went for a carefree, girl about town, cocktail hardcore, night queen party crasher then they succeeded very well. And visually, the whole collection is personally so eye crashing due to the mix of heavy optical material with bright fabrics and opulent apliqués. There's more than simple youth in it and definitely not Gossip Girl material, if you know what i mean.

the solid pieces in the beginning of the show was the best, should have extended that part of the show.. the prints became too much, too messy for my taste. and the hair!! wth..

i absolutely adore proenza schouler and love some of the pieces in this collection.
however....the second half of the show was def. weak compared to the first half....

I had to see this collection in a video, and now I think the last 24 dresses were beautiful, but the beginning of the show was really boring...

There's more than simple youth in it and definitely not Gossip Girl material, if you know what i mean.

funny enough, i was thinking just the opposite. this looks like JUST the type of clothes the mean girls from gossip girl would wear at one of their trendy boites in new york. ESP. those dresses.

Stunning collection!
Very young and cool
The dress on Anabela,which is my favorite one,has already been worn by Dasha Zhukova ^_^

This collection is what's new. I like it. It is a bit reminiscent of Balenciaga SS 09 with the iridescence, however I think they are honing on their style. Sometimes it takes filtering your ideas through a meduim such as a little bit of immitation, but I really "feel" their style with this show. Excellent colors, very very young, very now. The blantant shirt dresses were whatever (that's just me, I hate black and white fashion, it's not chic, it's bland) but the overall feel of the collection was very Sea World 1997. The shoes were TO DYE FOR! Gotta love the rite-aid style sun glasses as well. The best colleciton out of NYC this season, in my opinion.

The colors are very beautiful-perfect spring without being too pastel, the silhouettes are nice but nothing special and the fabrics look hideous-like foil.

I think it's so perfect I cannot believe
THIS is what I expect from NY fashion week
super modern wearable
nice colours
I have a problem w the hair and make up too, it's too grungy for this type of clothing
but that's fine
I can see Carrie Bradshaw in ANY of these dresses right?

It started out looking really good and then it fell into a trashy, 90s vibe that just isn't my thing. I do really like the shoes and the tinted hair is hilarious but just not my thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->