Rachel Feinstein

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
sorry, i had to do it again..
i´m quite fond of her though she doesn´t appeal to me as charlotte gainsbourg does..but she has the strangeness that i seek and a certain grace..whatever, do you like her? can anyone find the marc jacobs ads? that would be great!
from www.artnet.com
robinson7-21-5.jpg

robinson5-12-13.jpg
barone4-15-2s.jpg

doesn't appeal to me at all, and the marc jacobs ads were totally made with the wrong person, IMO!

marc

Im happy that sofia is back as marc's signature model. the latest teller ad pics in W & vogue are sweet & yet sensuous, as I see sofia.
feinstein may be a muse for marc [or maybe marc just likes her & currin's art world cache] but in my view she was a distracting marc face & sofia wins every time.

when i saw her picture the first time i didn´t know she was modelling for jacobs or anything...it was in german vogue, i think, a beautiful black & white portrait of her...pregnant...looking down...seeming very fragile.
i would like to know more about her work but i guess one has to see it "live" since sculpture doesn´t show too well via the internet.

*bump*

i still think she's cool^_^

for marc jacobs, by jürgen teller, from jedroot.com

Does anyone have pics of her awesome tattoo? It is a vagina with ants crawling out under her arm. It is well bizarre

^oh dear... i feel quite disgusted, but in same way intrigued, lol. i wanna see a pic of that as well :D

^I can't believe anyone would put a tattoo on their body like that... I can only assume that she was chosen as a model for Marc Jacobs to appeal to the middle aged woman who has a respectable amount of money to spend on designer clothing. I don't quite understand this as I have always found MJ to appeal more to the younger crowd rather than the older. Perhaps they were trying to broaden their clientele?

:lol:, do you think tattoos like that appeal to middle-aged women as well?
actually she's an artist and is married to a painter, i think that's why he chose her. since his clothes do not manage to say 'bohème and artsy' he tries to transport this feeling via his 'models'... see cindy sherman etc.

^ Yes, she's married to John Currin.

I realize that this is neither helpful not informative, but I have to say that I can't stand her, her husband, her art, or her husband's art. Nyah.

oh, that's ok^_^
i'm not a fan of john currin either. i cannot say anything about her work but i think she's lovely, i seem to stand pretty alone there, though:lol:

My understanding is she was chosen because a portrait of her (by her husband I think) was one of Marc's major inspirations that season. I personally loved the ad campaign--it was actually shocking the first time I saw one of the ads, because she was so obviously a real person with the actual teeth she was born with--yay! The tattoo sounds a bit much--I'm pleased her armpit wasn't featured :wink:

I know nothing of her personal life but I do think she has a great sense of personal style.
00690m.jpg
00470m.jpg

17m.jpg
03m.jpg

35m.jpg
36m.jpg

style

There's a great pic of her in Miu Miu shoes in one of the current US fashion magazines--Vogue I think? I wasn't sure anyone would be able to pull those shoes off IRL, but she does it & does it well ...

She's really lovely in a monumentally dreamy way ^_^ :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->