'little Marc' by Marc Jacobs

:lol:...helena...

on a loch?!?!...:woot:...
i want to come too!!!...
lucky little kids those are going to be...:wink:
:heart:

are you any good at rowing....only proper sailors will do... if so of course you can come but you must be dressed properly for the voyage.

sorry ot.

I'd love to see some more of these cute little marc clothes actually. Given that I often think the marc line is kids clothes for adults I think it will be perfect for kids if its anything like that.

that's what i was thinking too...
part of the reason i don't wear marc myself is that i fin a lot of his designs rather juvenile...but that translates well into childrenswear...

apparently it's not a 'collection' though...it is just a few select pieces...
which may be developed later...:wink:

**fyi-i am a very good rower and could do a version of a gondolier (since i am italiano)...striped top and sailor pant with jaunty hat...:D...

:lol:

helena said:
I know i have often thought about that Lena - for example if someone like madonna buys a missoni coat it must just be like me buying one from topshop. Relative to the overall wealth its nothing...

but I wonder if there is a line where, no matter the relative wealth of the customer, its too much for an item of clothing. Or does morality have no place in a 'market'?

I try to tell people this when they compain about the Beckhams buying mega-expensive watches & things for their sons...it's really just the same as the everyday person buying their kid a Swatch or something...

OT :
Helena, I have a photo of myself aged 5 on the banks of Loch Ness wearing a hand-knitted double breasted Sailor jacket :blush: just wish I'd seen Nessie! :P

helena said:
i suppose he has a bit of an empire already....does he not also do a home line?

i think so, not to mention in addition to all of this he just collaborated with fossil on watches i believe.

i wish this kids lines as a collection so i could see the clothes in their entirety.

helena said:
I know i have often thought about that Lena - for example if someone like madonna buys a missoni coat it must just be like me buying one from topshop. Relative to the overall wealth its nothing...

but I wonder if there is a line where, no matter the relative wealth of the customer, its too much for an item of clothing. Or does morality have no place in a 'market'?

especially nouveaux rich doesnt find it 'non-moral' to spent, they are not exactly socially/politically sensitive, so what more guilt free than spending on your child?

for most of them exessive spending is part of a lifestyle they've always longed it's a lifetime goal, actually they are trying to have even more money to keep spending on obvious luxe for others to see.

let them spend as much as they can afford... doesnt bother me too much
its just that this is a completly different 'reality' than most of us live in

what bothers me is when low or medium income individuals slave for designer labels.. thats a different issue

*statistics say that right after 9.11 luxe clients got into a temporary 'guilt' syndrome and they cut on buying too many luxury items for themselves.. still they spended much more on luxury items for their kids..

^^ oh I hate watching those TV shows about parents who can hardly scrape enough money together to buy frozen fish fingers for dinner but they can manage to by their toddler Nike trainers and Moschino fur-trimmed coats. Words can't describe....I often wonder what the turning point was...once, not so long ago, parents wouldn't dream of getting into debt and children had a few "good" pieces of clothing which was saved for special occasions. Now their wardrobes are bursting to the point of absurdity with "designer labels". I wonder who it impresses? :huh:

^their peers maybe ? (sp?)
cause you are totally right, its all a matter 'how to impress more'

the 'i'm better than you' attitude is taking people to absurd extremes..

I hate it when that kind of attitude translates to children, I think it's ridiculous enough trying to get one over on a fellow adult through yourself...your clothes/luxury items etc when you don't really have the means to buy them in any place. And especially with children when parents scrape to buy 'THAT coat' that makes them look like little adults :sick: don't they see more importance in books and educational/personality building activities?...which are much more of an investment in the childs future.

Is it possible to make another thread on the discussion of this last page or so? I find it a very interesting point of discussion, maybe it would get more views in and it would enable us to stay on topic :smile:

^it will be very hard to split the thread they way this discussion has been going on these last few days, but you can always start up a new topic on the exact theme/topic you'd like us to discuss :wink:

Ok well I'll go away and have a think so that the topics of discussion are clear, and I may post a thread sometime soon :wink:

looking forward participating in the new thread fff :flower:

well, as selfish as this might sound, if I ever had kids they would be wearing "little gap" and "little adidas" not "little Marc"..... I'll save the money and buy myself a suit.. :P

I guess for stars it's fun to be able to waste money on Marc Jacobs clothing for their kids.. but I don't get it :unsure:

however, with stars becoming younger and younger in age in movies now.. maybe they'll start making more lines just for those famous kids in movies! :doh:

Acid said:
i think its more to do with the parents than the kids
even before they can talk, parents seem to be throwing brands on them
i mean you see those babies in prams in nike trainers which they will grow out of in 2 weeks time, babies with pierced ears, no wonder all of these big brands are catering for the tots now, its such easy money to be made. all of these parent emotions allow splurges on their little angels

OT: at harrods at the moment in the window display there is this AWFUL AWFUL child couture brand :shock: it is quite horrifying to see
:blink:
I agree.

The clothes in the picture just look like kids' clothes to me. No cuter than anything else I've seen. Unless you're absolutely drowning in money, it seems reeeeeeally wasteful, IMO. And that poor dog...I wish people would stop putting clothes on their pets.

The problem I've got is that it's too expensive. I like the Dior Baby line because it's pretty cheap and it's funny in an ironic-I'm-John's-slave kinda way to be able to buy cheap dior clothes for your baby. But you'd have to be extremely rich to find this marc jacobs line anything near amusing or ironic. You seriously would be Marc's slave if you bought into this IMHO :smile:

AlexN said:
And that poor dog...I wish people would stop putting clothes on their pets.

hmm right, the pic is very cute but ..on an ethics side you are right AlexN

Lena said:
especially nouveaux rich doesnt find it 'non-moral' to spent, they are not exactly socially/politically sensitive, so what more guilt free than spending on your child?

for most of them exessive spending is part of a lifestyle they've always longed it's a lifetime goal, actually they are trying to have even more money to keep spending on obvious luxe for others to see.

let them spend as much as they can afford... doesnt bother me too much
its just that this is a completly different 'reality' than most of us live in

what bothers me is when low or medium income individuals slave for designer labels.. thats a different issue

*statistics say that right after 9.11 luxe clients got into a temporary 'guilt' syndrome and they cut on buying too many luxury items for themselves.. still they spended much more on luxury items for their kids..
I thought we were talking about the "little marc" line, Lena....:innocent:

:innocent:
chris_daka said:
well, as selfish as this might sound, if I ever had kids they would be wearing "little gap" and "little adidas" not "little Marc"..... I'll save the money and buy myself a suit.. :P

I guess for stars it's fun to be able to waste money on Marc Jacobs clothing for their kids.. but I don't get it :unsure:

however, with stars becoming younger and younger in age in movies now.. maybe they'll start making more lines just for those famous kids in movies! :doh:
I'll be getting mine "little wal-mart" haha:lol:

Now, Where did I put my Couture?

ghoulxqueen said:
:innocent:
I'll be getting mine "little wal-mart" haha:lol:

Now, Where did I put my Couture?

haha, fashion elite! people there probably enjoyed putting work into those clothes than Marc did anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warholy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->