'little Marc' by Marc Jacobs

^ :lol:

I don't know. If my friends were all having children,I don't think I would subject them to simple waffle iron sweaters. I'd put them all in treasured vintage pieces(children's clothes in the past was so much better)....maybe I'll rework them and start my own collection....hehe

There's maybe a gap in the market there Scott. You're right about old kids clothes. I looked cool when I was a toddler. It's been all downhill since then....

scott, in my tiny little book, kids deserve brand new, vibe free clothes

^^ ohh I don't know about childrenswear in the past being better :D I remember a childhood filled with brown cord, dark blue denim, hand-knitted Shetland jumpers, synthetic print t-shirts and polycotton dresses :blink:

Not the kind of thing I'd ever buy my own child, but if a friend who liked Marc Jacobs had a baby I would consider buying something as a gift as this is the only time I ever spend a lot of money on such tiny outfits! If parents are dressing themselves in Marc Jacobs, and they have the income, why not buy it for their child too?! There are enough people with throwaway cash to merit lines like these being produced, and I can understand the reasoning behind it. Whenever I see kids clothes I want to design and make them too! Little mini-outfits are too hard to resist!!

If I had a child then I don't think i'd dress him/her in designer clothes, much a si think the one little picture of the marc kiddie is cute, just because they grow out of them so quickly that they are not going to get much wear out of them. Its interesting though... i have noticed that childrens clothes used to be designed for children but nowadays childrens clothes seem mainly to be shrunken adult clothes. I think thats a shame....

I used to love all the liitle jumpsuits and knitted outfits you got for children - and smock dresses for girls with patent shoes and, stilista, I loved the shetland jumpers!!!! You sound like a cool looking little girl! LOL

I mean before that. Victorian-30's and 40's.....that was a lovely period. But I agree it's a niche style but it's certainly another option. I was only joking about re-working them myself....although I do have a friend who's done so and turned out quite beautiful.

Lena,I understand that but if that's the case why would parents buy something like that when they could get the almost exact thing at less expensive shops.

Indeed,Helena. I do like smock dresses,you mention,Helena. :P

my post was not in favour of 'little marc' line scott,
it was against kids wearing 'vintage' or used clothes, i just dont like the idea

I can probably put my designer clothes (of course, they have to be those don't fit me anymore) into the dryer. Then they will shrink to kid sizes. Wow, think about that, my kids probably can wear Jil Sander! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
helena said:
i have noticed that childrens clothes used to be designed for children but nowadays childrens clothes seem mainly to be shrunken adult clothes. I think thats a shame....

I used to love all the liitle jumpsuits and knitted outfits you got for children - and smock dresses for girls with patent shoes and, stilista, I loved the shetland jumpers!!!! You sound like a cool looking little girl! LOL

haha thanks! :lol:

I agree that childrenswear is just tiny versions of adult wear (even underwear :unsure: ) I suppose it's cheaper to get it all manufactured in the same places in the same styles and fabrics, but it's horrible. I hate seeing mother/daughter dressed identically in the latest trend.

Bring back the knee-high socks, T-Bar shoes, smocked dresses and pleated skirts for kids :lol:

oh sorry.

No...I just think children ought to be given back that fantasy element in clothes. I don't know why but it seems to have gone away a bit.

^^ I agree, Scott, but I think the fantasty element has gone in all aspects of childrens lives. :( 6 year olds seem to be little adults now and I believe a lot of this has to do with the way they dress.

Lena said:
scott, in my tiny little book, kids deserve brand new, vibe free clothes

You make a really interesting point about vibes, Lena. Probably a christening gown is enough serious vintage for a little kid ...

The other thing is, few kids can be trusted with precious vintage. I'm eating at the moment, so won't go into detail :lol:

Btw, my little brother can actually remember wearing the clothes we all thought were so adorable. Apparently he was teased by the other kids, and claims to be scarred for life. We lived in the rural South at the time ... not what you might call a fashion incubator.

Helena I would have to agree with you. I still love to dress my daughter in beautiful dress with patent maryjanes. I love the tunics and for babies the jumpers.

stilista said:
^^ I agree, Scott, but I think the fantasty element has gone in all aspects of childrens lives. :( 6 year olds seem to be little adults now and I believe a lot of this has to do with the way they dress.

yes stylista, all the 'innocence' seems gone from children wear, i guess its a society thing as well as a parents attitude

i tried to dress up my sweet godchild in smock dresses and T-bar shoes and she totally hates it, so i had to stop it or i was going to fall out of favor..
she just wants to be dressed like the boys.. so 'comme les garcons' ^_^

^^ That's funny Lena :D I often think my child would be bullied because I would make her be so old-fashioned and un-modern. I'm sure she'd turn 12 and run away from home to wear mini skirts and have a pierced belly button! :lol:

i think its more to do with the parents than the kids
even before they can talk, parents seem to be throwing brands on them
i mean you see those babies in prams in nike trainers which they will grow out of in 2 weeks time, babies with pierced ears, no wonder all of these big brands are catering for the tots now, its such easy money to be made. all of these parent emotions allow splurges on their little angels

OT: at harrods at the moment in the window display there is this AWFUL AWFUL child couture brand :shock: it is quite horrifying to see
:blink:

Johnny said:
There's maybe a gap in the market there Scott. You're right about old kids clothes. I looked cool when I was a toddler. It's been all downhill since then....

:lol: lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warholy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->