Revillon F/W 2006.07 Paris

I think it's Rick Owens' Haute Couture line... But to be honest, I can't tell if it's supposed to be haute anything, much less couture... :huh:

it must be because revillon is not actually couture...even though it was shown during couture week...

it's not couture, as far as i know..:ermm:...
and neither is anne valerie hash...
they are just showing now...
basically to try to stand out from the sea of shows during paris fashion week....

eightyeightkeys said:
I think it's Rick Owens' Haute Couture line... But to be honest, I can't tell if it's supposed to be haute anything, much less couture... :huh:

That is very true ^_^

softgrey said:
it must be because revillon is not actually couture...even though it was shown during couture week...

basically to try to stand out from the sea of shows during paris fashion week....

hmm but isn't anne valerie hash normally couture?

softgrey said:

exactly, revillon as far as i know isn´t Haute Couture but they show during couture week to stand out a bit more as softgrey said, is a publicitary technique that yohji yamamoto tried not so long ago too, remeber when he was showing his ready to wear line for fall-winter during spring-summer haute couture 2003, although revillon started showing during couture back in 2000.

although this summer collection is probably suited only to Anna Wintour i do like the color on this ensemble:
00170m.jpg
picture from style.com

What a pleasant surprise! ^_^ Amazing shapes and twists that make me melt, but that sh*tty fur...

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
[loveee this top :wub:]
00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00100m.jpg

[style.com]

here is the wwd review
012506_16.jpg
:heart:
012506_17.jpg

Revillon: That antifashion thing can leap out of control, but this season Rick Owens showed at least as much discretion as daring, resulting in a strong fall collection for Revillon. In fact, it was his deft mix of antifashion belligerence with accessible chic that made it all work. Owens took a rather somber palette of smoky grays, olives and black and lightened it up with his gentle layering of slim but fluid shapes. There were plenty of furs here — and they were real beauties. But with a few exceptions, including a long, lush sable coat, they worked mostly as accents and little cover-ups for his ready-to-wear. The designer opted for washed silk faille for the leanest parkas in town, while asymmetric tunics, long coats and capes came in wool or suede, often side-tied with silk ribbon. These went over skinny pants, leggings or slim skirts, all in the muted monotones Owens loves. But it was his deftness with fur that gave this collection its appeal: sheared, plucked or simple mink; chinchilla or fox cut into elongated collars, and tiny boleros and vests. Owens once had an aversion to all things pretty, but this season he's discovered that a little charm goes a long way.

It makes sense in a way that Revillion show during Couture week, it is sort of like the "couture" of furs.

As for the collection, it's typical Owens. Not bad, not boring, but it doesn't quite reach the point where you could call it totally successful. Owens has been getting a lot of mainstream attention lately. He was in Vogue and now style.com is covering revillon's shows.

liberty33r1b said:
looking very interesting....

agreed..
i'm not in the owens camp but he seems to have come up with another good collection (his menswear earlier this month was also good)
the muted tones are creating a very original minimal mood and his use of fur and 'small pieces' like the boleros, are inspiring.
i find this strong and 'directive'

I second Lena´s view on the colour palette, actually, I always liked the way he puts his together, it is perfectly in balance with his strong patterns and silhouettes, it also helps to keep these designs grounded and accessible, I think most would agree that it would be very "out there" if he suddenly started doing the same outfits in, say, bright greens and pinks. It would probably look quite Galliano-esque.

As far as this collection is concerned, it´s a good one, although I am personally not into fur AT ALL.

^ not into fur either, but the way he uses it ..:heart:

Yeah, I think Rick Owens is one of the only designers where fur doesn´t look old and Madame-esque. I like the fact that he drapes it and keeps it looking natural and raw, actually that kind of approach makes it all work for me. I saw previous collections from Revillon at Bon Marché and also their own boutique in Avenue Montaigne and the craftsmanship was fantastic, the colours distinct and subtle and the overall look very natural, not in-your-face expensive it all. I don´t like it when expensive clothes as these just look forbidden and as if you´d just hang out the price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->