Rick Owens S/S 2006 Paris

Wow, I actually like this. Usually I'm not a fan of his overly deconstructed looks (I think the excess really takes away from the lines of the clothes) but this is very nice. It's a bit cleaner, a bit more polished looking then his usual stuff.

I really likr it, I love the shapes and the new materials :heart:

It is definitely something different, but it is really well done. I like some of the tops: the shape, the fit, the material; they flow very nicely.

i like it a lot, curious to see the rest
and yes, pockets seem to be everywhere:flower:

softgrey said:
it's interesting to see him break out of the mold a bit...

but i am feeling like all his armholes are either too high or too low...
making this all seem like it would be very unpleasant to wear...
:ermm:

2nd.

I like it a lot, just because I like his aesthetic, and this collection is forward progress. Still, a lot of women (and men) find it hard to wear because of what Softie mentioned.

It's very aquatic looking. What I love about Rick Owens is that even though he is into deconstruction and such he never fails to make clothes that my mother could always wear. It's very statuesque and mature. It's what I would dress my mother in in a heartbeat (and I mean this as a compliment).

having seen the whole colleciton...
i would say that the only thing that rick owens really seems to do well is the jacket/sweater...
and that everything else is there just so that his models don't walk naked down the runway...
i mean...who is going to buy and wear a pair of see-through pants?...

and i think his dresses are awkard and clumsy...
they don't look like they'd actually hold anything in...
you'd be falling out all over the place...:ninja:

that said...
i think there are some exceptional pieces in the jacket category...
:flower:

very no-nonsense.....
strong.....
some things i love......

love those pleated jacket/vests but other wise, same old...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lena said:
regardless similarities and 'easy criticism', for the few pics posted here, to me this seems like the best i have seen from Mr Owens in a VERY long time..
agreed. i quite loved his collections in the last few seasons but the details in this one, despite similarities.. i´m sold to them. :P :heart:

Gorgeous....lovely shapes.... very fluid collection. It hasn't blown me away but it's a very polished collection.

the jacket in the very first picture is my favorite piece!! Not too sure about the rest though:huh:

Review from style.com:

PARIS, October 2, 2005 – The artillery fire on Rick Owens' soundtrack was a bit misleading. Despite the powdery white faces, thick-soled boots, and fondness for a drab palette, his army of goth girls looked less militaristic and dour than in the past. And they were more on trend, especially in slender, bias-cut chiffon gowns with vaguely thirties silhouettes.

The designer has developed a large cult following and a healthy retail business on the slimming power of his jackets, and his spring collection delivers plenty of them. Some were shown in his signature washed leather. A few had slashes in the back and were tied at the side, and still others displayed precision tailoring, elaborately pieced together from leather, silk, and pleated net and worn over another Owens' staple: the drapey tee. Trousers cut in too-sheer georgette exposed inner workings like seams, pocket linings, and zipper plackets. Full chiffon pants were pleated in a zigzag manner that created bulk and drew attention to the backside, hips, and thighs, areas that even his sylphlike fans would often rather downplay. And a few hobble skirts proved too restrictive for even the most nimble of his models. But those missteps couldn't distract from his masterful jackets and vests with lapels of buttercup patent leather, lizard, and shagreen that blossomed like flowers. When Owens stepped out of character, as he did with a sleeveless, long wrap dress made from eyelet (in gray, but still), he really dazzled.

– Nicole Phelps

I think that he's developed the jackets further and even more flattering. It seems to me that his jackets from the past collections were a little too busy...too crowded at the front, but the latest shown are runway are more streamlined and with cleaner cut. I'm going to wait to get the spring jackets :D

has anyone seen this collection in the stores? i think i like the trousers in the photo below but i haven't tried anything by him on and i'm scared they may be badly structured or see-through (although they don't look like it)

Last edited by a moderator:
melt977 said:
has anyone seen this collection in the stores? i think i like the trousers in the photo below but i haven't tried anything by him on and i'm scared they may be badly structured or see-through (although they don't look like it)

I've seen. Most of it left me cold, and I usually love Rick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->