Rick Owens S/S 2006 Paris

seems very promising
(not telling who's work it reminds me off )

thanks for bringing this in *EllaH

quite nice I am a little disappointed with this though.....its less dishievelled than I would have liked

scott> Sharon W?? :ninja:

regardless similarities and 'easy criticism', for the few pics posted here, to me this seems like the best i have seen from Mr Owens in a VERY long time..

i'm really liking the shapes, too. some look like georgia o keeffe flowers^_^
and the greys....

Definitely,Lena*!

But actually I'd agree with you that it's the best I've seen from him....despite the transistion looking like some other's I am kind of glad he moved away from the Demeulemeester poet/nomad style....even she herself has evolved from that a bit.

ahh good, i'm not alone then scott, even the colours he choosed matched SW's classic palette..

but yes, i wont be bitching, he's on a good path our Rick
i'm really surprised i liked this, he usually bores me ..

Ellah, thanks for the pics! Paris fashion show finally started after the long wait...
Looking good so far! I like his jacket, powerful, architectural, yet feminine

it's interesting to see him break out of the mold a bit...

but i am feeling like all his armholes are either too high or too low...
making this all seem like it would be very unpleasant to wear...
:ermm:

Lena said:
ahh good, i'm not alone then scott, even the colours he choosed matched SW's classic palette..
Perhaps, but aren't the colors also very signature Owens? I mean, he works almost exclusively in these drab greys and browns. Wauchob may, too, but I think that's just a similarity between the two rather than one copying the other.

not as spectacular as i anticipated but innovative none the less and quite impressivley constructed garments. I'm quite indifferent, i dont love it but i definatley do not hate it. I just wish the clothes leaped at me more than the model's pastel faces.

you could be right of course metal, it could be a coincidence..i wont insist much more since this is a rare opportunity for me to be positive with Owen's work..

(but these shapes still scream SW to me.. )

^ditto. And yes I agree,Metal. But maybe that combined with these shapes makes it a more obvious connection? Anyway,not going to dwell either...I've always been a bit iffy about Owens too so this is really quite surprising to me;really quite decent this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->