Rihanna turns designer for Armani

Pradable

Reaction score
Bajan pop sensation Rihanna might love to rock a neon, bejewelled bra and fishnets on stage, but when's she's off-duty, she can often be seen in a T-shirt and simple pair of jeans - just like the rest of us.
It is fitting then, that she has chosen to team up with Emporio Armani Jeans and underwear - of whom she is currently the face - to create a capsule collection of casual pieces.
The range features two styles of jeans in a tight boyfriend fit and skinny leg; a leather biker jacket; a canvas bag and two T-shirts - one emblazoned with an illustration of the 23-year-old, the other featuring Rihanna's "R" logo. Admirers of the bandana headband which RiRi wore during her X Factor performance last weekend will be pleased to hear that a similarly styled belt also features in the collection.
Not forgetting that underwear is just as important as outerwear, the 'Rihanna for Emporio Armani' lacy bra and knicker sets come in cobalt blue and pearl grey and are ideal for everyday wear.
telegraph

Rihanna Breaks Into Design With a Capsule Collection for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans

It was only a matter of time right? Like any good fashionable pop star (Beyonce, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, etc.,) Rihanna is designing a clothing line.

She’s teamed up with Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans on a small capsule collection, which will hit stores worldwide mid-November, Elle UK is reporting.

She brings her signature sex appeal to the collection, which includes skintight jeans, classic biker jackets and t-shirts emblazoned with Rihanna’s R logo and Armani’s signature eagle. Another t-shirt style has a sketch of the pop star’s face, with some abstract animal print–we guess she’s taking her ‘face of’ duties for Armani very literally. The underwear is a bit more tame and features two different styles and sets of lace bra and panties that come in navy and pearl.

The collection is a first for both parties–neither have embarked on a similar collaboration before–so we’re crossing our fingers for beginners luck! We wouldn’t be at all mad if this one-time collaboration turned into a more permanent thing.

Check out more pictures of the collaboration below.
fashionista

20111122_rihanna_armani_600w.jpg

Sketches courtesy of Giorgio Armani

fashionetc.com

*i don't care one whit about this...
it's jeans, tshirts and a biker jacket...
we already have plenty of these, thanks anyway...

:rolleyes:

i didnt understand this design collabo....printing her album imagery on a tshirt?

A collaboration with Armani ain't no joke, good for her!

I'll be checking it out only because it means there are more Armani Jeans stuff to look at and they always fit so well and look good.

A collaboration with Armani ain't no joke, good for her!
are you serious?!
armani hasn't been cool since the 80's...
except for men's tuxedos on the red carpet...
and even then...*boring*...

not even lady gaga can make armani cool again...

:glare:

are you serious?!
armani hasn't been cool since the 80's...
except for men's tuxedos on the red carpet...
and even then...*boring*...

not even lady gaga can make armani cool again...

:glare:
Are you serious? While Armani may not have been cool since the 80s, it is one of the top high-end fashion brands in terms of revenue and global reach.

Since when Rihanna became a style icon? :innocent:
This sounds like a joke to me.

I am getting tired of all these celebrities doing collaborations or trying to start their own lines. How about stick to what you are doing or at least fun some charity. Let the people who went to fashion school, do the work.

Armani should have marketed this under the "Armani Exchange" moniker and not E.A

i'm sure this will stand as a prelude to rihanna launching her own line. i prefer celebrities collaborate with bonafide fashion houses like armani than do their own lines, but i understand that the economics of such collaborations don't make that the preferred route.

I'm surprised it's for Emporio Armani--I feel like Ri's aesthetic could be more fitting for A|X?

I've seen the collection 3 days ago, as I'm model showroom for Armani jeans at the moment.
I've tried on some boyfriend jeans which were very nice and boyfriend shorts with tartan lining, she made good skinny jeans as well.

The collection is very basic and not too Armani :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->