Rihanna for River Island

River Island and the British Fashion Council are pleased to announce the launch of the most anticipated collaboration of 2013: Rihanna for River Island at London Fashion Week. The collection will be showcased at an event on Saturday 16th February.

The show will present the Spring/Summer 2013 collection of clothing and accessories designed by Rihanna to the world’s media and her fans for the first time.

Since the announcement of the collaboration in July 2012, fans of both River Island and Rihanna have been waiting with bated breath to get their hands on the product.

The collection will launch globally in River Island stores and on-line on Tuesday 5th March and exclusively in the United States and Japan at Opening Ceremony.

"We are very excited to present our Rihanna for River Island collection at London Fashion Week. This is the perfect platform to showcase Rihanna’s design talent and ambition" - Ben Lewis, River Island Chief Executive

"Launching at London Fashion Week is a dream come true for me. I have wanted to design my own collection for a long time and to present my collection for River Island alongside all of the other great design talent at LFW is a real privilege. I can’t wait to see the reaction from my fans and the fashion press!" - Rihanna
London Fashion Week

The campaign was shot by Mario Sorrenti featuring Jourdan Dunn, Ataui Deng, and Bambi Northwood-Blyth too.

Well, I don't know if anyone else saw the show. Skirts with fake denim jackets sewn onto them? Cheap see through jersey with slits so high you can see literally everything... wow. I was expecting to see some trash, but wow.

Grazia's Facebook

You can view the show again if you go to River Island's Facebook page and follow the link.

Its better than the house of Dereon but thats not saying much either lol. It was hard to focus on the clothes, with "motherF****r" being repeated every 3 seconds.

I didn't the collection. I thought it was a good think that every model looked like her and was styled like her. The problem is Rihanna style is not original nor is it unique. I enjoyed it more than Kanye's and Gwen Stefani's.

i dont see anything wrong with this, its very much her style and it's seems like something that a lot people with look nice wearing and mixing with their wardrobe. Nothing extremely new at all but i dont think thats what she or River Island were going for. It didn't look tacky at all.

Its better than the house of Dereon but thats not saying much either lol. It was hard to focus on the clothes, with "motherF****r" being repeated every 3 seconds.

:rofl: SO TRUE. Distracting horrbile soundtrack, distracting weird venue.

I think her grave mistake is that she designed for herself and herself only. Didn't she realize that not everyone can get away with fishnet dresses? Or minimum bustiers? Or hipbone slits? While that isn't really a problem in a high fashion brand's show, if you're going for high street, it's gonna be way tougher to sell. High street's supposed to be accessible, and this is anything but. 'I can't wear that' says the deluded customer, disappointed that she doesn't have Rihanna's body to be able to wear these clothes.

And I won't even talk about how ill-fitted the pieces looked. Blerch.

i dont see anything wrong with this, its very much her style and it's seems like something that a lot people with look nice wearing and mixing with their wardrobe. Nothing extremely new at all but i dont think thats what she or River Island were going for. It didn't look tacky at all.
Well said!

Hmm, is that a collection? I could've designed something better myself, it looks like a bunch of clothes grabed from one's wardrobe and thrown on the catwalk. Waisted money.

It baffles me that people think it didn't look tacky? There was a see through fish-net skirt and top... with your midriff out, because clearly there wasn't enough skin on show already. I repeat, a fish-net skirt and crop top..

I'm sorry, but this was an incredibly tacky collection. The day pre-knotted plain white t-shirts are considered as 'fashion design' is a sad day indeed.

I like Rihanna's style, actually that's the only thing I like about her, I mean not everyone is into that wannaberock style you see in most fashion blogs. I'm glad hip hop is back.
I need to see more pics of this collection, I have only seen like 3 pics. I may buy something from it, but I'm not expecting much. Most celebrities' collections are rubbish even the Kate Moss for Topshop ones were awful and I'm not even talking about the quality!

I honestly think she should just stick with singing and let the professionals do the designing. Just saying. :innocent:

I think the collection is very fitting, I see clothes that Rihanna would wear (if not having worn already) as well as pieces that seem to target the River Island customer; the only critique is that while this will fly off shelves, it's not particularly groundbreaking, but then how many collaborations are?

Also this would have been designed by professionals, albeit to a brief/seal of approval by Rihanna.

there are a few pieces i like and the price is right (although opening ceremony will triple the prices unfortunately)

i like the thigh slit pieces a lot actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->