Designers with diffusion lines

Ameera said:
Thanks for correcting that Meg. don't they also have DG which is different than D&G? is that also a cheaper more mass produced line?

No DG initials is part of the main line, it's just something they put on those ugly belts - like the double G on Gucci belts.

Meg is right, they are not involved with D&G - they license it out and collect royalties.

There is at least two more brands: the D&G junior, and another, just called "&" i think. My sister once (who knows what sometimes happens on little sister's brans?) bought a black "&" jacket, the tag is black, with "& dolce&gabbana" red on it. Very very poor quality. Everything is made by IT I think, as well as Versace sport, jeans couture, classic V2, and the majority of the brands' diffusion's lines.

Hmmmm...

DG (Dolce & Gabbana) is the main line, designed by Stefano and Domenico, and it should offer superior quality clothes, while D&G is the second line (its clothes are produced by Itierre, which also makes some Roberto Cavalli and Moschino's line), which is cheaper (and ugly IMHO).

I like DG: I own a classic single breasted black coat and some jeans and shirts.

I think & Dolce Gabbana was phased out Its not on their website anymore an it was only available in italy an is very poor in design I still love Dolce&Gabbana,as well as D&G. I thought Versace Jeans Couture,Versace Sport,V2 Classic an all defusion lines were cancelled at least in the usa they are. Do they still have it in Italy?

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a thread or a site that lists all the lines for each major designer?...and if its not askin too much, which lines are licensed out...hehe, thanks...

If you start one I could list a good majority of them. I know John Galliano has new one coming out this month or next month called Galliano. An with the lisencing are you sure no one at DG headquaters designs the subline stuff? That makes no sense for them to let someone else design their stuff. Also DG owns all the D&G stores

Yes that does seem strange that Dolce and Gabbana wouldn't have anything to do with designing for D&G. Dolce and Gabbana do show up on the runway after D&G shows don't they?

justinleaddict said:
Yes that does seem strange that Dolce and Gabbana wouldn't have anything to do with designing for D&G. Dolce and Gabbana do show up on the runway after D&G shows don't they?

Yes Justin they do! I think Ittiere just makes there clothes for them. But they design them

Igionted32 those YSL logo tees are real if your talking about the big logo ones they retail for $200USD but they were limited edition. Im sorry but Marc by Marc Jacob or Marc Jacobs sucks its very unflattering (mens line) an uncreative I dont even bother looking at it. But with Defusion lines it doesnt take away from the mainline at all unless its something like Micheal by Micheal Kors(Dillards Macys) he doesnt have enough cache to branch off like that a lot the time with designers who dont have a long history or a lot a cache that can back fire big time in their face a lot. But with the Euro brands I dont think it matters if they have defusion lines ppl always want their stuff they are very desirable. An Im sorry but if you look down at someone for wearing a defusion line your are ULTRA Pretensious who in their right mind would go an say or your only wearing Emporio Armani Just Cavalli or Versace Jeans Couture. Come on! Everything still starts at $150 an has the designer name. For Euro brands they really arent even real defusion lines because they are still expensive for the average shopper an have expensive free standing stores in only major cities with the exception of A/X. If its US designer than I think its a defusion because its at mid range dept stores selling for no more than $60 an horrible design. CK,DKny,Micheal,etc etc

My last question is does Versace still even have those defusion brands because I thought they shut them all down.

first off, a guy from cloak is coming out with a new line called harold. i dont know if its cheaper or if it counts as a "diffusion" line.

i wish some celebs like luella or stella mccartney would come out with diffusion lines. i think stella should put her money where her mouth is and come out with a great line that would rake in the dough and be cruelty-free.
that would make them more accesable.
ive never even seen luellas clothing in any stores.
hopefully, with the sucess of her target deal she will be able to do it.

so miuccia has done such a good job in making miu miu seem as though it's no longer a diffusion line at all and i love miu miu clothing just as much as prada... but then what's with prada sport? i'm sorry but the only people i ever see dressed in this brand are the people on the council estate that my university campus is unfortunately located next to. i don't know whether it's the clothes that i find offensive, or the plastic labels :s

with two highly respectable labels doing so well, i don't understand why there is the need for this line. am i really wrong?

GalleriaResident said:
Well for those of us not in the uk what is council estate

I'm not in the UK but I read British novels :wink: I'm sure someone who lives there can give a better explanation, but it's public or publically-subsidized housing. My impression is that, even though it's considered the wrong side of the tracks, the whole scene is a major step up from US public housing.

Never heard of &, but I find it absolutely hilarious ... diffused all the way down to just the punctuation :lol:

fashionista-ta said:
I'm not in the UK but I read British novels :wink: I'm sure someone who lives there can give a better explanation, but it's public or publically-subsidized housing. My impression is that, even though it's considered the wrong side of the tracks, the whole scene is a major step up from US public housing.

Never heard of &, but I find it absolutely hilarious ... diffused all the way down to just the punctuation :lol:

So would that be Chav related then?:lol:

I just think if you like something..............you like it. I don't worry about the lines, or designers really. If I see something, and I like it, I buy it.

But I do see where the saturation of one market, might affect another or vice versa.

Well, that stuff is just fake. If they are living at that poverty level, they can't afford real Prada Sport, as it is quite expensive - more so than other "diffusion lines". Apparently, though, it's not considered one. It was even displayed on the runway with regular Prada, according to the people at the Prada Sport thread.

GalleriaResident said:
If you start one I could list a good majority of them. I know John Galliano has new one coming out this month or next month called Galliano. An with the lisencing are you sure no one at DG headquaters designs the subline stuff? That makes no sense for them to let someone else design their stuff. Also DG owns all the D&G stores

I'll see if the mods will let me break a thread out...so it doesn't get lost in this one...

I'm waiting for

FenFen by Fendi
Ciwawa sport by Gucci
LV chic by vuitton
"D" for Dior by Dior
Prada Nylons by prada

Designer's W Diffusion Lines

Tryin to list out designers and all their lines in a simple comprehensive format. Please fill in the blanks, add what you know or correct what i wrote. Thanks.

Giorgio Armani (Black Label)
Armani Collezioni
Emporio Armani
Armani Jeans
Armani Exchange

Marc Jacobs
Marc

Prada
Miu Miu
Prada Sport

Paul Smith
Paul Smith Black
Paul Smith Blue
Paul Smith Pink
PS
Paul Smith Jeans
Paul Smith Abbey Rd.

Dolce & Gabbana
D&G

Calvin Klein Collection
ck
Calvin Klein Jeans
Calvin Klein Underwear

Donna Karan
DKNY
DKNY Jeans

Yohji Yamamoto
Y's
Y-3

Under Cover
Undercoverism

Comme des Garçons
Comme des Garçons Shirt
Comme des Garçons Noir
Comme des Garçons Homme
Comme des Garçons Homme Plus
Comme des Garçons Deux
Sport Comme des Garçons
Play Comme des Garçons
Junya Watanabe Man
Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons
Junya Watanabe Denim
Tao Comme des Garçons
tricot Comme des Garçons

I'll try to add more wen they come to mind...

Let's see ... how about Dior -

Christian Dior
Dior Homme
Baby Dior
Christian Dior Parfums

Which reminds me that there's a D&G Junior to add to the list of lines for Dolce & Gabbana.

And then there's Hugo Boss:

Hugo
Boss Green
Boss Orange
Boss Black

Except for Boss Green (which is solely menswear), the rest are each further divided into menswear and womenswear lines.

Oh yes - there's Giorgio Armani Privé for the lines under Giorgio Armani as well. It's the couture line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->