RIP Alexander McQueen CBE : 1969 - 2010 #2

I just realized there's a lot of McQueen books coming out in the upcoming months, but this one really caught my attention. I've been looking for a comprehensive work with lots of photos on this collections since forever. Although i'm not excited about the 'Newly created imagery of clothes shown on the catwalk gives an insight into why this collection was so special.' lol

Inferno : Alexander McQueen

th4sIBU.jpg

London 1996: Alexander McQueen took over the Hawksmoor masterpiece Christ Church in Londons East End for what was quite possibly the greatest fashion show on Earth. A candle-lit, cruciform catwalk with a backdrop of stained-glass windows set the tone for an extraordinary collection. Lace sat against chiffon and rubbed shoulders with couture and club-culture clothing and digital print. Dante was the seminal collection that would resonate throughout Alexander McQueens career.

This book features unique photographs shot behind the scenes, with raw, unseen pictures of the designer, models and clothes. The fashion creatives who worked with McQueen to make the show such a success recall this pivotal time in the designers career and reflect on what made Dante truly groundbreaking. Newly created imagery of clothes shown on the catwalk gives an insight into why this collection was so special.

ZZKqVge.jpg
hIvv1zc.jpg

vandashop.com

can no longer edit the other post, found some hq previews

amazon.com

Thanks mistress_f,I'm in love with this book from the previews~

Oooh thanks for the heads up about the book.Those are definitely some photos I've never seen before so I'll definitely have to have a look at it!

You may also like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alexander-M...8&qid=1425067133&sr=8-5&keywords=mcqueen+book - the people behind it know what they are talking about. I am sure you'll be able to have a good look at it at V&A book shop during the expo.

On the other hand, don't bother with Dana Thomas - it will likely be a bestseller as it's a bit gossipy, but frankly waste of paper, time and everything.

I was curious about the Andrew Wilson one, but after reading his article above, I am not sure I'd buy his book either.

^ yeah i already preordered the new 'savage beauty'. i'd bought the limited edition of the one for the met exhibit and can't wait to get this one .

i also pre-ordered the new savage beauty book for the v&a exhibit. am happy that this will be a completely different book from the one for the NY Met.

Hi everyone! Could anyone help me ID this piece worn by Stella Lucia for Another SS15?

108.jpg
source: visual optimism

The annotation reads:

Stella wears 19th century embroidery top as worn by Kate Moss in Voss S/S01 courtesy of the Alexander McQueen Archives; Silver African hooped earrings, tusk mouthpiece by Shaun Leane for Alexander McQueen Eshu A/W00 courtesy of Shaun Leane.

But I cannot for the life of me find it in Voss and Kate had three other looks so maybe the credit is incorrect? Am I going insane? I am sure it's from Voss because the embroidery is very similar to Karen's look!

Thank you!

Hi everyone! Could anyone help me ID this piece worn by Stella Lucia for Another SS15?

The annotation reads:

Stella wears 19th century embroidery top as worn by Kate Moss in Voss S/S01 courtesy of the Alexander McQueen Archives; Silver African hooped earrings, tusk mouthpiece by Shaun Leane for Alexander McQueen Eshu A/W00 courtesy of Shaun Leane.

But I cannot for the life of me find it in Voss and Kate had three other looks so maybe the credit is incorrect? Am I going insane? I am sure it's from Voss because the embroidery is very similar to Karen's look!

Thank you!

Here:
https://youtu.be/60kBooiXTVg?t=5m45s

Photo credit: Firstview.com

photo_mid_def_866537.jpg

A Treasure Trove of Alexander McQueen Pieces Will Go Up for Auction This September

If working-from-home ’fits have taught the fashion-obsessed anything, it’s that the most magical expressions of personal style can happen behind closed doors. Such is the case with Jennifer Zuiker’s Alexander McQueen collection, compiled during Lee Alexander McQueen’s lifespan and composed of ready-to-wear and couture-grade pieces. Zuiker, a Los Angeles resident and collector, purchased iconic pieces direct from the McQueen maison over two decades, building a museum-worthy archive of famous bumster pants, Plato’s Atlantis dresses, and Sarabande jackets. The auction will be held online through Doyle, with Zuiker’s pieces remaining in storage in Los Angeles until the sale on September 10.
“I met Jennifer many moons ago and we just struck up an immediate friendship,” says Lady Kinvara Balfour, a producer of the 2018 documentary McQueen, which featured Zuiker’s collection. Balfoun, who helped facilitate the sale, says, “Jennifer was very private and didn’t want any fame or glory for herself, but was really happy to have her clothes featured. Her collection is on another level.” Real fashion obsessives will notice a parallel between Zuiker’s collection—mostly unworn, museum-grade pieces—and that of Sandy Scheier’s archive, which was the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute’s last exhibit before COVID-19 closures. Schreier, a Detroit native, maintained a collection of several hundred pieces of couture and ready-to-wear, never wearing it. Zuiker’s collection of legendary McQueen pieces is similar: The work of a singular master preserved in time.
“I think collections like Jennifer’s are so precious because he’s gone,” says Balfour. “I will definitely be buying a couple pieces.” Buyers of the individual and institutional sort should take that into consideration as they plan their budgets for this sure-to-be epic sale.
source: vogue

Some of the pieces are truly magnificent and museum worthy.
I have always been curious about what pieces those clients had collected in their wardrobe throughout the years.

Some of the pieces are truly magnificent and museum worthy.
I have always been curious about what pieces those clients had collected in their wardrobe throughout the years.
This is so true. It certainly doesnt feel like 10.5 years ago... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->