RIP Daul Kim - 1989-2009

Dear Daul, it's been two years since you decided to leave this earth for another place. And I hope you found that place; a place where you can feel like belonging to, a place where you can be happy and a place where you can be just you and nobody else. We - your fans - miss you and will never forget you. And we love you.

daul2011.jpg

No Line on the Horizon

I know a girl who's like the sea
I watch her changing every day for me. Oh yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
One day she's still, the next she swells
You can hear the universe in her sea shells. Oh yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

No, no line on the horizon, no line

I know a girl with a hole in her heart
She said infinity is a great place to start yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
She said "Time is irrelevant, it's not linear"
Then she put her tongue in my ear
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

No, no line on the horizon
No, no line
No, no line

The songs in my head are now in your mind
You put me on pause I'm trying to rewind and replay
Every night I have the same dream
I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme. Oh yeah
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I'm a traffic cop, rue du Marais
The sirens are wailing but it's me that wants to get away
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
No line on the horizon
No, no line
No, no line

lyrics by Bono

art & scan by me

I miss her humor and coolness, for lack of better word.

kammmx.jpg

Jak and Jil

I've only recently became more aware of her work, she truly was an amazing model. I hope she is at peace now, where ever she is. :(

daul2012.jpg

Plainsong

"I think it's dark and it looks like rain"
You said
"And the wind is blowing like it's the end of the world"
You said
"And it's so cold it's like the cold if you were dead"
And then you smiled for a second

"I think I'm old and I'm feeling pain"
You said
"And it's all running out like it's the end of the world"
You said
"And it's so cold it's like the cold if you were dead"
And then you smiled for a second

Sometimes you make me feel
Like I'm living at the edge of the world
Like I'm living at the edge of the world
"It's just the way I smile"
You said

Lyrics: Robert Smith

Daul Kim (1989-2009), today it's three years. We will always love you.

art & scan by me

^Lovely drawing! ^_^ Yeah it has been 3 years already. Time flies so fast! RIP my darling Daul Kim. You'll be missed forever...

Man, 3 years already...she's truly missed. I still get chills when I see a picture of her. RIP Daul :heart: :heart:

Our thoughts and our love for a girl who was gone too soon.

can't believe it's 3 years already, i'm such a fans of her. she's my fave korean model, until now there's not koran model can take her place in my heart.
and i love her blog too.

She would’ve turned 24 today:cry:.. I go through her thread every once in a while just to stare at her AMAZING but regrettably limited work & she was one of kind.

I just loved almost everything about her.. She was a fellow Gemini:lol:, she was uniquely GORGEOUS then there was her personal style, her dark sense of humor, to her cool, quirky, & blasé attitude. Combined all that with the uninhabited way she moved & posed.. ugh, just AMAZING:wub:. Not to mention, that unforgettably steady gaze that seemed to look right through you but at the same time burn right into your very soul.. God it was all so haunting:neutral:..

Sigh*.. Can you imagine if she was still around, she would’ve been soo BIG. Probably would’ve been THE BIGGEST Asian model of our time. To this very day, she remains (and probably always will be) my fave asian model of all time:heart:. There won’t be another model (asian or otherwise) like her.. She truly was a supernova:heart:

00320m.jpg

source: style.com (my favorite pic taken of her... EVER)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace Daul. You were such an amazing/funny/intelligent/personality-filled woman and an amazing model at that. I love reading all her blog posts even to this day, she really went to show that models have feelings too and that models aren't just clothes hangers. :heart:

I wish she knew how much everyone missed her.

the 17th anniversary of Vogue Korea came out recently & as i was staring at the covers all i could think was she should've been there:neutral:

the 17th anniversary of Vogue Korea came out recently & as i was staring at the covers all i could think was she should've been there:neutral:

This has literally just sent a chill up my spine. Isn't it funny how attached you can get to someone you have never met before and everything that is mentioned or said about them becomes such an upsetting topic.

Daul will forever be missed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->