RIP Stella Tennant - 1970-2020

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by honeycombchild, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

What can I say? I don't have the words to describe this sad moment. Horrible news. Love you Stella :'(

sixtdaily likes this.
  2. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

Genuinely shocked by this news, but you just never know what people are going through.
    50 is tough, but she was definitely one of the legends. May she RIP.

3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

So very sad and shocked to discover one of the best 90s models has passed away so young and suddenly.

I want to remember her as the truly inspiring model she was:

Screenshot_2020-12-23 so_divine_0002 jpg (Imagen JPEG, 1000 × 1533 píxeles) - Escalado (42 %).png

canyouwhoopit.files.wordpress.com

4. phungnam96

phungnam96 Well-Known Member

You’ll be missed... RIP.

5. aracic

aracic Moderator

Disheartened by these terrible and utterly shocking news. What a massive loss to the industry! So unexpected.

6. crosidan

crosidan Member

Oh Stella...I am so very sorry to hear this. Stella had such a presence in editorial and on runway, few are so lucky to command such a body of work - she will live on forever in her art. My condolences to her friends, family, and all who have admired her from afar.

7. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I cannot believe this. I cannot believe it.

sixtdaily, ivano and GivenchyAddict like this.
  8. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

I'm so shocked, so sad. RIP.

9. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Her serene, regal and simply gorgeous presence will be missed. But what a life she lived!

You know, having experienced deaths of family and friends from an early age, has really ingrained the remainder that our time in this life is but a fleeting moment— so better make the most of it. My BFF and I were just talking about a good friend of ours when we were 15 that just passed. We lost touch with him when he became a world-famous skateboarder. To pass on from this life— having lived the way that you wanted and to have been happy and successful— and to have inspired others to boot, is a blessing and is what defines immortality. We should all be so fortunate and true. Whether Stella lived out her dreams in this life only she would know. But her grace as one of the beautiful presences that filled me with such inspiration growing up— and I’m sure others who grew up in the 90s and adored fashion would also feel the same of her, even if we never got to know her personally, will have her live on for a very very long time.

Stella’s passing once again just reminds me how fortunate it was to have grown up in the 90s, when such diverse and individual beauty in people were so effortlessly celebrated and championed (not to mentioned the diverse range of visionary creativity that surrounded these regal beauties. Sometimes I pined to be 20 years old again. But then I realized that I would have never had the privilege and fortune to have lived and experienced an era in fashion and the creative realm where only the highest standards were ever accepted that's set my personal standards, and I don’t mind to be pushing 40 now LOL)

tigerrouge, Frida, Nomar and 14 others like this.
  10. modelista

modelista Well-Known Member

OMG, how.. I have no words. RIP

11. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I saw this news on Twitter and froze. I really am stunned, shocked, and saddened by this. She was one of my most favourite models as I loved that aristocratic vibe to her and her walk. Such a gorgeous and beautiful model and am so happy that I discovered the fashion industry around the time she was really taking off.

I hate 2020.

12. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

saw this earlier on today and I was lost at words. very sad indeed...
    Rest In Peace

13. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I'm terribly saddened to see her part at such a young age, my thoughts and prayers go to her family and particularly her four sons, this is such a difficult time to lose a parent.

She was always so...energetic and youthful, I thought she would live to 90 and still out there staring at us from the pages of Vogue. I wish she parted as peacefully as possible.

How could I ever forget the woman in these pictures, she was a once in a lifetime type of model and she'll always remain near my heart.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pinterest

14. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

I am in shock that she passed away; how horrible and sad. :cry:

15. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Devastating, she was so cool and seemed so sure of herself without being cocky or conceited. Her legacy will definitely live on, her shots are timeless and powerful.

Nomar, Benn98, RedSmokeRise and 5 others like this.
  16. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

Such a loss; she was a wonderful model, but a dedicated mum and environmentalist too. She will be missed. So sad & shocking. :cry:

ivano, HeatherAnne and VogueGirl8910 like this.
  17. VogueGirl8910

VogueGirl8910 Well-Known Member

I can't believe that she's dead & i was surprised to see the news. She was one of the supermodels of the 90's with her androgynous & one of the tops of the fashion industry.

She will may rest in peace. :cry:

sixtdaily, ivano, HeatherAnne and 2 others like this.
  18. annikad

annikad Active Member

I am as shocked as everyone and it is heartbreaking to see the outpouring of grief all over the media. It shows what an admired and beloved icon Stella was. This is all rather sad and I hope she's in a better place now.

19. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Well-Known Member

So shocking. Rest in peace, Stella. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

20. guesstfan

guesstfan Member

No matter how many times I read this news, it seems unreal. Thanks for everything, Stella. :heart:

sixtdaily and franceslions like this.