RIP Stella Tennant - 1970-2020

Utterly shocked and heartbroken. What a loss. Stella was a true original, a one of a kind beauty with such a otherworldly presence both on photos and the catwalk. She defined a generation and leaves an iconic body of work.

My thoughts are with her family and loved ones.

Can not believe this is true. RIP.

Shocking news. Stella will be terribly missed. A fashion icon and true original. What an awful way to close out a dreadful year. My heart hurts for her family and loved ones. A terrible loss to the industry. Her work will live forever.

I’m beyond shocked by this news! She was an amazing model, a very striking beauty and it was always a pleasure to see her on the runway or randomly at Chanel shows...

She is one of those few models that was really a muse.

Can this year end already!?

RIP Stella...

This is so sudden. She will be missed. For me she is the OG androgynous beauty. Nobody does it like her. My condolences go to her family and loves one.

R.I.P Stella, now you can go to heaven and continue to be Karl muse with him.

This year is made me so tired and mad.

Shocked. I was just thinking about how amazing of a model she was when watching old Chanel shows the other day. R.I.P to an absolute icon.

Didn't see this all day, and now I log in TFS, and see this!

2020 can go FU** itself!! So over with this year!!

RIP amazing, beautiful Stella. She could go from edgy to beautiful with such ease. Brought diversity, and excitement to the Fashion industry.

Brought diversity, and excitement to the Fashion industry.
I remember looking at her in magazines as a young girl, and being perplexed (not necessarily in a positive way) about how Stella or Erin O'Connor were models.. or what made them 'attractive' when the rest looked a lot more conventional and they were quite androgynous. From a young age, women are wired to see attractiveness and femininity in a certain way. Both Stella and Erin helped pave the way for the Belgian wave that followed a few years later and just add some much necessary variety to what we understand as 'feminine' on the runway.. I'm so thankful her presence and all the imagery she helped create made me more receptive, and helped me to question the things that (when you grow up in a heavily sexist culture like I did) we celebrate while disapproving anything that does not resemble or tries to resemble it. The absolute confidence, total ease at looking like no one else and the elegance she always projected meant so much all these years and I'm sure it did the same for other women growing up and looking it up to her work..

I'm still in disbelief to be quite frank.. she has never taken a long break (as far as I know) and just always seemed.. present, and like we would continue to see her for many years and in the life phases that were to come. I hope she died peacefully and that she's in a good place now. :heart:

I am still in shock as I write this. Seriously cannot fathom her untimely demise. Gone way too soon. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh, Stella, you will be missed. May your soul rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go to her family and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->