RIP Whitney Houston - 1963-2012

I'm so truly saddened by this. i loved whitney. RIP beautiful one. :heart:

I agree she was very beautiful, apparently she had a successful career as a teen model before she signed the music contract. She even made an appearance on the cover of Seventeen. No wonder she never took a bad picture in her life

pics
lisawallerrogers.wordpress.com
whosdatedwho

5jqg1h5rq9y0qj1y.jpg

7vpt4puqg5g64tu7.jpg

ion0ybjzwj87byzo.jpg

wojyu6oxeatpowya.jpg

Attachments

• 17-mag-1981.jpg
    17-mag-1981.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those are gorgeous, as she was. The Bazaar one, just gobsmacking!

Very very sad. Absolutely tragic. One of the best voices of all time. Along with Mariah Carey, she is the most fantastic singer of all time.

I don't feel sad for Whitney she's was an adult and have should ran away when she met Bobbi.

I just feel sad for Bobbi Kristina. Her father ist just a freak :angry:
I hope she can stand the pain :cry::cry:

Sorry Jennifer hudson, nice effort, but not even close.

I was really shocked to hear about Whitney, she was such an amazing singer.

I feel bad for her daughter.

@tctra: I thought Jennifer Hudson was absolutely wonderful. She had me in tears. She was the perfect person to do it to considering she lost like three family members tragically just a few years ago. And Whitney Houston presented Jennifer with her first Grammy.

i honestly don't know. there have been so so many stunning photographs taken of whitney over the years. plenty of them would have been VOGUE worthy. i suspect maybe it was because when whitney was at her peak (mid-80s to late-90s), VOGUE was still predominantly using models. though i can imagine that whitney circa the bodyguard would have made for a very successful cover (in both sales and beauty).

i mean, she was truly stunning

*classicwhitney*

She was absolutely gorgeous especially in the 90s. You don't see many people with looks like hers together with that voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
That just makes me mad to see talented people ruining their life, especially in front of the public eyes with people looking out to them; so many examples lately. It's just so sad :(

and she was just so alive on stage.

the beginning of the video is dated incorrectly. it was actually 1983 - 2 years before her debut album which came out on valentine's day, 1985.

this is the first time she ever performed on television. it's a perfect example, to me, of her incredible raw talent - before she was a superstar diva. she's 19 years old here. and already you can see how her rise to the highest echelons of pop culture was inevitable. she had soul and guts and beauty and presence and that voice.

yeah - i love that performance, as well. she's given other performances of that song that are more similar to the recording. but she really was embodying "DIVA" that night. i mean, just look at her from 4:53-5:02 its truly something else.

also --

last night's Grammy Awards were the most watched since 1984. and the 2nd most watched in the history of the show. cause of how many people tuned in to see about Whitney. it's still so incredibly devastating for me that she's gone, but the massive outpouring of love and compassion and respect that she has received has definitely helped me feel better. 7 out of the top 10 albums on Amazon.com are Whitney albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->