rochas6.jpg

rochas7.jpg
rochas8.jpg

rochas9.jpg
rochas10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't have said it better softie
:heart: it!

Hasn't he done basically the same thing the past few seasons?

beautiful, thanks for the pictures.
i love the sixth outfit.

^ me too. oh, and the detail on the 9th!!! thanks for the pics.

This looks exquisite, I love how the seasons relate and develop from one another. The bright motif is new.

He's progressing confidently--these are beautiful clothes that are interesting without all the fuss and muss. The fall leaf motif on the white gown paired with black gloves is as good as it gets.

LostInNJ said:
Hasn't he done basically the same thing the past few seasons?
Yes, but I think this collection is a bigger step forward. I like it so far.

Olivier has always said that at Rochas, he prefers to move things slowly and fully develop and realize ideas. Who says you have to throw out every old idea at the start of a new season? If something works, then it can be reused and developed until it reaches its full potential. I actually think it's quite a testament about Olivier as a designer that ideas he started two years ago still make sense now.

I don't disagree with his modus operandi but I think it's a little outmoded and doesn't really make sense to a 21st century fashion audience––an audience that devours trends within milliseconds.

I think he's trying to transform Rochas into investment houses like Hermes or Chanel

It's very classic and timeless. Totally glamourous, he's doing an excellent job at Rochas. :heart:

It's nice as usual. I was expecting a little bit more from Thyskens this season. He doesn't has the same inventiveness he did back at his own label. It seems to dwindle every season at rochas. I will have to see the whole thing before I make my final thoughts.

Beautiful! This dress reminded me a bit of Armani's S/S dresses, although one could also point out they are an evolution from the beautiful gowns of Rochas in the same season:
rochas5.jpg

love that dress on lily donaldson and the suit on caroline trentini...gorgeous, gorgeous!!

i know paris wouldn't disappoint!!

so svelte and elegant..just like him..i can't wait to see more pics

This is gorgeous! All of it, so far. Love the blue top with the green skirt on Hana. Such pretty colors. And the white "autumnal" dress that follows it. Ahhhh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->