Rochas F/W 05.06 Paris

Can anyone tell me what is the song it played when the models were getting ready? It was something like "I wish a falling star would fall forever..." Thanks, :flower:

while i continue to enjoy theyskens work for the house, i found this collection a little too influenced by tom ford's departure collection for yves saint laurent. in the end, i think theyskens has established a perfect timeless rochas look (maybe in ten years we'll be hunting down rochas jackets at decades instead of chanel). what i truly liked about the collection was theyskens refusal to give us the poufy volume we may have expected but just kept to what he's good at while making step forwards with the use of texture.

mikeijames said:
while i continue to enjoy theyskens work for the house, i found this collection a little too influenced by tom ford's departure collection for yves saint laurent.

I am not sure if I get that. How is it YSL? The long sleeves and collars are more Victorian than Oriental.

This is a real rip-off (from Roberto Cavalli AW05:(
00280f.jpg

Does anyone the name of the song in the MODTV video at the very beggining...sounds french...with an english lyric "it's wonderful..good luck"
??? Anybody?

Full video!!!! So gorgeous! These collection's during Olivier's tenure at the house are so legendary!

Thanks dior couture1245... I always believe that it is the designs that are able to stand the test of time are the ones that differentiate them from the rest. Theyskens designs are really breathtaking, not many designers van create dresses that show so little flesh yet can still be sexy, not to mention its great silhouette and way it flows on the body.

Apart from the white gown on Vlada, which let me say would make an AMAZING wedding gown, nothing stood out to me. Some of the layers dresses look SO heavy and I just can't wrap my head around them, overall it's just very bland to me...

This probably remains my favourite Rochas collection of Olivier. I love the strange greens, the introduction of the Bias-cut silhouettes next to the more structured gowns and all the subtle yet witty decorative touches, such as the flowers draped around the neck of some dresses, the ruffles created by seam allowances turned outwards etc.

In general, I prefer the more severe, grown-up side of Olivier's Rochas over the coquettish 'girl' vibe of his Ricci days and you could really tell that also in the casting of the girls here. It makes a huuuuuge difference seeing Mariacarla, Carmen, Iselin, Gemma or Elise in his clothes than some of the very young girls he cast at the later part of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->