09m.jpg

12m.jpg
10m.jpg

from style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it, except the uneven hams..
seems like NY is (design-wise) waking up

thanks for posting this anaisanais :heart:

ooh nice, especially like that 2nd grey dress and the 2nd last pleated gown. :heart:

really nice and pretty!!
is it true the two designers are sisters?

hmm... I don't like the shoes, but the rest are quite nice :smile: Some of the dresses reminds me of Rochas.

:heart: the details are lovely... I like how the cloth is used to make patterns and shadows

i have to post this because i love this dress (style.com)

15m.jpg

liberty33r1b said:
really nice and pretty!!
is it true the two designers are sisters?

apparently so! ^_^

style.com

NEW YORK, September 9, 2005 – Rodarte's inauspicious time slot—9 p.m. on the first Friday of New York fashion week—was complicated by a late start. All was forgiven, though, once the models took the stage at Times Square Studios. The sophomore collection of Pasadena, Calif.-based sisters Kate and Laura Mulleavy belied not only their ages, 26 and 24, but also their lack of professional design training. Inspired by what they described as their "youth in Northern California's Muir Woods and 1960's sculptural forms," one gown boasted a harlequin-like pattern of crisscrossing strips of "moon-kissed" silvery satin that resembled bark. A floor-grazing column skirt was made entirely from fluttery rectangles of grayish chiffon. And another dress was adorned with undulating waves of their signature pinked-edge silk. In other words, the Mulleavys are keeping their couture seamstresses very busy.
No doubt stylists will be busy, too, requesting Rodarte's pieces for their famous clients. These are the kind of dressy, urbane occasion clothes—hand-finished with lovely, subtle details—that will help a young starlet differentiate herself from the overdone, glitzed-up masses. And it's a good thing, too. With prices ranging from $3,000 to $11,000, having a celebrity-size checkbook is practically required.

Mishahoi, beautiful dress you posted there.....

Some very pretty details on all the outfits.... exquisite detailing....... :heart:

I find most of it quite pretty. And, without being overwhelmingly innovative, it's rather interesting too. :smile:

I love the the dress in photos 1-4. Very nice details indeed. And I kind of like the shoes :heart:

Nelly Cat said:
I find most of it quite pretty. And, without being overwhelmingly innovative, it's rather interesting too. :smile:

I don't think it's exceptional, but it's hard to knock it as it's better than most NYC shows.

thumbs up for me.

I looked at the first dress and the first thing that came to mind was :

vertical instead of horizontal..

image style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite shows so far in NY.. :flower: (which isn't saying too much actually since its so early.. and since its NY)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukebears
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->