Russian Street Style

People in Kiev usually think I'm from NY and am not Ukrainian..because I don't dress like it. It's fun..:lol:
Thanks for all the pictures..some nice looks.

post #189 4th picture...2 girls with gucci and burberry caps wow those girls look so fake.

ewening said:
post #189 4th picture...2 girls with gucci and burberry caps wow those girls look so fake.
omg, it's horrible:ninja:

Hi ladies (and maybe some gents),
I was born and raised in Moscow, Russia (I live in Toronto, Canada now) so I just wanted to add my two cents. I think majority of Russian women take great pride in their appearances. When I moved to Toronto 16 years ago I was SHOCKED to find out that you can leave your house in a wrinkled t-shirt, dirty jeans, dirty shoes, etc. and no one will think anything of it. I don't think you see many people do that in Russia. Even if you are going to take out the garbage, you make sure you look presentable, just in case you run into some one you know!
But living here (Toronto) has taken it's toll on me and there are some days that I can drive my son to school still dressed in my PJs!:shock::lol: I have relatives and friends come visit me from Russia and they often comment on the way people dress in North America. It's not about the labels, it's about appearance in general.
My hairdresser just came back from a competition in Moscow and even though he was only there for six days, he said that the two things that amazed him the most were Russian subway system and how well women dress!
Anyhow, it was great reading all the comments in this thread (even though some of them are couple of years old).
Irene.:flower:

update from street-fashion.ru
oksana.jpg

pasha.jpg

inna.jpg

lara2.jpg

natasha.jpg

maya%20i%20dasha.jpg

DSC_1766_prev.jpg

DSC_1763_prev.jpg

nastya2.jpg

larisa.jpg

DSC_1770_prev.jpg

DSC_1686_prev.jpg

DSC_1695_prev.jpg

DSC_1690_prev.jpg

DSC_1688_prev.jpg

how amazing !!! :woot:
I've seen a girl yesterday, she comes from Romania, she had the same outfit as the one with green shirt in the post before...^_^
same shoes, same shirt...
I've got a friend who comes from Georgia, she almost always have that kind of shirts, or sometimes it's oversized trousers just like this skirt... :P
I really like it, makes me think of elfs !!! :heart: :heart:
thanks a lot for posting !!!

ink dot!!! :buzz:
awesome job!!, I was waiting for something like this to be posted..:heart:

the teletubbies dress... :wub:

russian people are so pretty, i hate them. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
fashionkitten7 said:
I SO hate it when someone is displaying disrespect towards their own country or the people of their own nationality. There are some things one should never do: speaking badly on their friends unless it's principal, speaking badly on their family unless it's principal or speaking badly on their country (unless it's principal, and, while talking about fashion trends I think it's not). And it's really unclear to me whoever harms Russia's reputation more - the people with no sense of style or those who feel the need to show themselves off by pointing out on the flaws of their homeland.

agree 100%!! very well said. no excuse to bash your motherland.

a country is not a temple to worship. it's sometimes healthy to point out the flaws so people can work on them.

Let's go back to Street Style, s'il vous plait. :ninja: :flower:

lovely pictures ink dot:heart:
some new from lookatme.ru:
Yana, 24 years, journalist, stylist. flats Anne Valerie Hash; bag Karine Arabian; skirt Beneton; glasses and top Portabello
_MG_2036.jpg

Dasha, 18 yeras, artist. flats Noa Noa; dress Darya Razumihina; bag and glasses second hand
IMG7111.jpg

Anton, event manager, tie hand made; jacket second hand; jeans Levi's vintage; glasses Dior
_MG_1925.jpg

Armas
MG_1030.jpg

Masha, 20, Psichology student,
MG_1013.jpg

Anya, 18
_MG_0599.jpg

Olga, dress Sultanna Frantsuzova; shoes Carnaby; bag Gilda Tonelli
IMG_4343.jpg

Asya, artist, dress second hand, rest - russian designers
IMG4337.jpg

Olga's outfit. :heart:
Anya's hair. :ninja:

mirra, where are these people from? is it moscow?

it says there are people from moscow, st. petersburg and kaliningrad:smile:

Here's my 2cts, judging by the photos since I have never been to Russia.
My impression of the people featured here is that most go to great lenghts and put a lot of effort in their appearance. However, many try too hard, as if all they wanted was to shock or attract attention (épater le bourgeois?) at the cost of looking less attractive. As if they did not know where to stop. By contrast, parisian women would wear something unusual or quirky, but only one thing, and nothing that would compromise the total look too much.

I'[m Russian and just got back from there (yesterday - ouch jet lag) and in reply to post above, this is the extreme street style.. very few of them walking around.. mainly what I saw was very feminine delicate colors, a lot of elegant little summer dresses and everybody wore heals - even those above 6'1.

Ah, motherland!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->