S/S 2007 Ad Campaigns (please read post #1 before posting)

Lindsay Lohan shot Miu Miu at an Islington studio in London, England this weekend.

Linday is the last thing I want to see in this industrie. I mean, her boobs are fake!!

RED AHEAD: Designers hiring new photographers for their ad campaigns seems to be the trend for spring. Yves Saint Laurent is the latest, tapping Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott for its ads in favor of Juergen Teller, who has shot them for the last few seasons. But back for her third spring appearance is model Karen Elson, whom designer Stefano Pilati considers "emblematic of the YSL woman," according to a YSL spokesman. The change at YSL follows Christian Dior's decision to hire Craig McDean instead of Nick Knight for its spring ads. — Miles Socha
wwd/

wow, good news all around, i love karen and i cant get enough of M&M's :wink:

OMG, Mert & Marcus are realy in demand right now, YSL, Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton and they probably will repeat Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, Valentino and Roberto Cavalli, 7 hihg profile campaigns

Ooo... I'm very interested to see a new direction for the YSL campaign (although YSL was some of the only work of Teller's that I didn't mind). And of course very excited for some Karen Elson.

Yay to Karen Elson :clap:

but Mert & Marcus instead of Juergen Teller :ninja: have they lost their mind at YSL?

^ I think so. :innocent:

Why are M&M getting everything? :o I'm curious to see if/how the ads change though.

^ same thing here..I wonder if it'll be only Karen Elson or also a bunch of other girls..I'm not hoping for an only-girl ad honestly.

I like to see something different for YSL. The consept of the couple of last seasons became a bit booring if you asked me. I hope Karen isn't the only girl, although I really like her for YSL.

polka_dot said:
Why are M&M getting everything? :o I'm curious to see if/how the ads change though.

I think it's because they can bring new ideas and concepts to the table, and you don't really see that too much these days with Testino, Meisel, and the others.

If I were a designer, however, I would want to use Inez and Vindhoo... I think they are severly underrated.

That's excellent news about Karen! It's true Jurgen Teller's YSL ads were amongst his most palatable work, for me, but I can't wait to see what M&M will do with the campaign.

style_expert said:
^ I do so agree. I hope they'll shoot Chloe at least..
me three, sometimes i feel that im forced to like certain photographers because they do everything, but its usually the little known ones who actually do something i genuinely like ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->