Sacai F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, May 22, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

eugenius likes this.
  3. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

I like the tailoring pieces because it's simple yet look very well designed. The split skirts/dresses are kinda awkward.

This collection can be stronger if she leave out the heavy styling tricks on every looks.

4. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

This is gorgeous. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed looking at a collection this much. I love the silhouettes.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  5. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

So elegant and well-structured, I am in love. And the setting works so good with the styling. I can only imagine these women in an action-thriller in a scene with a helicopter.

6. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Chitose really does some of the most incredible outerwear. She really executes the idea of 'hybrid' so well.

bc collector likes this.
  7. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if it's the set design but these images remind me a lot of Wang and Plein. The collection itself is not bad but I have never been a fan of her garments. There are some interesting silhouettes however upon closer look they become heavy and overworked. Maybe a different stylist would help.

AnaD and jeanclaude like this.
  8. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I find the helicopter background annoying...I want to see the clothes; and I hate when I have to struggle to see each look due to a background like this one.

In another topic: how many times can you deconstruct-reconstruct a bomber jacket??

9. AnaD

AnaD Active Member

I cannot remember the last time I did not like a Sacai collection. This one is no different, the pieces are very elegant and move with such fluidity. It's gorgeous, and absolutely didn't need such elaborate set dressing.

10. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

To me it's a bit boring, I much prefer her last fall show which was more propositive, I do get that she has to focus on what sells but I'd much rather see a few spectacular ensembles rather than a spectacular backdrop.

I don't like the set much, it's too dark and the pictures came out grainy af, it looks kind of dead too...some neon might have saved it.

jeanclaude likes this.
  11. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

It is reminiscent of Wang’s more competent offering, but to even mention Plein’s brand in the same stratosphere as Chitose’s is such immeasurable an offence…LOL The eurotrash-setting trope of arriving in a helicopter that’s typical of Plein’s/Kors' gaudy campaign production takes on a refreshing perspective in this instance. She shows that she’s not too precious with her branding (with this being one of her strongest showing in a while and least overwrought) and is willing to have some fun— maybe even make fun of those types of brands that take all the bling so seriously. Great to see a designer stepping out of her comfort zone, more so in these predictable days. I’d love to see people like Rei/Yohji do something similar with their presentations.