Saint Laurent F/W 2020.21 Paris

Fabulous!
This is really a great collection and IMO his best collection at YSL.
It’s sexy in the most unapologetic way. It plays with all the fantasies around YSL: The bourgeoisie, the « salope », the reality of what YSL was from the 80’s to the end.

YSL was the designer who hated the bourgeoisie but who became the symbol of the bourgeoisie. He helped women with creating a wardrobe for their working life while saying that the YSL woman does not work...And I think this collection kinda reflect all the contradictions of YSL.

Vaccarello was also very clever with this. He is not the most creative designer and I like that this collection looks like it was edited by a stylist. The latex create a tension and make those rather classic silhouettes quite modern. The palace vibe is very present but less graphic than when Slimane did it.

And for once, the proportions are all right!
Nicolas Ghesquiere made women believe in 2007 that leggings were their friends. It looked good on the runway but I’ve witness so much disaster IRL. It’s even worse with latex leggings.

So while I appreciate the visual aspect on the runway, I hope women will stay far from this (but I already know it will sell well in LA).

An Ode to Glamour! Bravo Anthony!

great collection, actually something a bit different this time (though i'm not sure about all those leather pants, and the presentation could have been better you couldn't see the clothes properly) but it was a great show to watch as always

Was not expecting this and I'm so pleasantly surprised!
Those lace tights can go, but everything else is gorgeous.
The styling is really on point here and worth mentioning - I love the colorblocking and the texture mixture. Plus, the collection as a whole doesn't feel too much and it feels edited and thought through.

I think as of lately this is always the show I'm most looking forward to watch during the whole fashion week month. The soundtrack is always amazing, the location couldn't be better and the show itself is always a surprise and so well put together (even when the clothes aren't great). For all of this, I'm a very big fan of YSL under Anthony and I think he really outdid himself this time around.

The color clash is very YSL, but its still very much in the vain of Slimane's YSL interpretations. . Not a fan of the leather leggings looks trashy but its a nice colleciton overall

This collection looks very different from everything else he did at YSL. I wasn't expecting much yet I've been surprised. I'd let go of the few lace pieces, otherwise I'm really liking all these pop of colors. Bravo Anthony!

The writing was on the wall...he brought the 'Y' back...and it showed.
This could not be mistaken for anything other than YSL.
It's very much 'on the nose' - but that's what feels so fresh about it. I'm impressed.
Pleasure to watch.
Hope other designers (gucci) have the courage to shake things up

I'm actually shocked! Must be the first collection of his that i like, i couldn't even tell you why exactly, but i really do, save for very few pieces.
I love the use of color and the latex (patent leather?) pieces especially when mixed with 'regular' pieces, like this look: imgbox - fast, simple image host - absolutely amazing, so sexy and chic, and this velvet dress / latex boots combo: imgbox - fast, simple image host
i'm actually amazed at how this could've been a trashy mess but it's actually very elegant and overall beautiful

WOW.
This collection is stunning, incredible, and something I have been waiting for. This makes me so excited about fashion again !!! Stellar collection. I need to watch the video !!

I love it! The whole atmosphere was great.
The music, the cast, the presentation - everything worked for me.
I liked the clash of classic and conservative in the upper part (blazers+pussybow shirts) and those latex boots and leggins which really elevated the looks and made them modern and sexy . For me it was like Vogue Paris in motion!

i couldn't even tell you why exactly, but i really do
Same.. it has elements from the founder, Pilati, and really don't see any Hedi or his own line doing the usual crossover here, it seems he was finally ready, or was given green light, to graduate and take some chances with his interpretation of YSL. Really uplifting to see a designer getting stronger inside a house (since it usually happens the opposite way). The palette with that lighting is so lovely.. can't stop looking at it. And that red coat :heart: . Wouldn't say no to these Atsuko Kudo-ish latex dresses either (which, fyi Lola, did have their moment in LA :lol:)..

Ufff, I just watched the video and it was so spectacular. I am praying he continues this way and now I am really wanting to see what he would do with if haute couture was revived. Oh goodness, this is a great, great, great collection ! :crush::heart:

Same.. it has elements from the founder, Pilati, and really don't see any Hedi or his own line doing the usual crossover here, it seems he was finally ready, or was given green light, to graduate and take some chances with his interpretation of YSL. Really uplifting to see a designer getting stronger inside a house (since it usually happens the opposite way). The palette with that lighting is so lovely.. can't stop looking at it. And that red coat :heart: . Wouldn't say no to these Atsuko Kudo-ish latex dresses either (which, fyi Lola, did have their moment in LA :lol:)..
I don’t see Hedi either...
Yes, I remember there was a time when the Kardashian were into Latex dresses. Personally I’m not comfortable just thinking about my body being wrapped in condom...And the sweat!
I have two textured vinyl pants but so much shine like on this show, is a bit too much for me!

I think Vaccarello was very clever! This has IG girls written all over. This is what a Laquan Smith should aspire...Everything is on the verge of vulgarity.
And to be honest, it’s very rare but this is a very easy to digest collection. Zara, thrift shops and all will make a lot of money from this!

I hope Anthony goes full glam with the campaign! No Teller this time! Real Glamour, decadence!

Finally something different from him!!!

This is an incredible collection, I honestly didn’t think he was capable of something like this. The colours, silhouettes and textures are great. So French, so cool and so chic.

definitely his best collection. really reminds me of the sexier, more easy version of Pilati's YSL. He did arrive this season with glamour and all. Love it.

I've always liked his work and since day one, I've believed in his SL (though I didn't care for spring 20). I think the final step in him really owning this would to officially add the "Yves" back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->