Saint Laurent F/W 2020.21 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Yasouss

Yasouss Active Member

The clothes and silhouettes are really beautiful, simple but oh so sexy. I did like the set and the lighting even though it didn't work sometimes to show the clothes well. A night and day difference between this and the Dior show earlier today.

Wonder where the menswear is? They didn't show during Mens Paris fashion week earlier I believe...

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  2. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

definitely his most "on point" collection (for YSL) ever.... the bow blouses and pencil skirts; the colour combos; the jackets. wow, he got it. :D

dfl-001 and Lola701 like this.
  3. Scouting Snapper

Scouting Snapper Active Member

Bourgeoisie Perfection ...This stuff is gonna fly off the racks...The Instagram Flexing crowd will love this lol... Anthony Vaccarello was all the way in his bag here, his best YSL collection in my eyes ...Very Provocative & Sexy ...The only downside for me was the cast, i'd like to have seen more seasoned & talented Runway models walk in these clothes...

4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I am extremely glad that so far all the reactions here are this positive. It is absolutely Anthony's best collection for Saint Laurent yet, and like someone else said - it's like a walking Vogue Paris spread. Fabulously French, very little hints of Hedi and much more of Yves and Stefano's interpretation of the archives.

@Lola701 I can actually see a Teller campaign work here if it was shot in high contrast and a decadent setting. In fact, I think I'm looking forward to it!

5. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

It brought back this feeling I used to have in my younger years discovering fashion. Pure love! Well done Anthony!

vogue28, caioherrero and gazebo like this.
  6. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

The type of collection to make me go weak at the knees, and that I'm very eager to see both in print and the accompanying advertising campaign. Anthony Vaccarello has won me over, once again - even with the latex leggings and with those killer heels. I could rave about this all day...

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  7. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

I'm not so into this. It reminds me very much of Alessandro's thrift shop Gucci and the colors/fur reminds me of Frida's Gucci. The thing I'm missing is expensive.

8. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

This is his best collection yet. I was quite surprised watching the livestream but I have to say that -even when it's really good- I felt it was quite lazy. I mean, do you really need all those latex pieces to say you wanted to subvert the bourgeois YSL woman? It was a little bit too much for my taste.
    Also, it's so repetitive on the styling that a presentation with 40 looks instead of 67 would have been a lot better. At the end of the show I was asking my self: should I applause the designer or the stylist? Because for me, it was a matter of styling. The attitude, the allure of it. The clothes by theirselves are not that special.
    But at the end of the day, it's what all we have asking for. Bravo.

Oh, I'm already dying to see what Teller does with this new perspective. You better stay with him, Vacarello. He's the better to show some decadence and realness for this perfect dressed woman.

MagFan likes this.
  9. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

Like helmutnotdead pointed out, the styling has the original YSL DNA infused throughout, which makes me love the show. It's decidedly sexy, but I don't know how well all that latex will hold up.

10. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Stunning collection, so many covetable items.
    I feel like the latex was an accessoire to all the other good stuff, cause it's quite hard to pull that off.