Saint Laurent F/W 2024.25 Paris

The show is stunning - great presentation and the venue is truly impressive (my architect friends and I are blown away).

The clothes, on the other hand, are more repetitive than JWA. I feel like I've seen 100 variations of the same look. Not to mention that I expected more coats, pants or other winter pieces. Very sexy and Newton-esque, though.

The collection reminded me of Balmain in Olivier's early years and the headpiece reminded me of a Pilati show, in fact it could be better, but it's something that still works for the brand, the whole work was beautiful!

Can’t wait too see the campaign…

the only good thing about this: BINX!!!

regarding to him: I’m starting to see him as a stylist rather than a designer. Seriously, what else can he bring to the table? I moved forward with Yves Saint Laurent.

In terms of what's on the table, it's very, very light, I have to be honest, but I loved it!

Everything was very David Lynch, there was a strong sexual tension, the soundtrack was exhilarating and the setting absolutely divine.

Anthony really does have great taste and an eye for it, you can't take that away from him at all.

However, if they're hoping for endless growth, they'll need a bit more, because what he presented is already in the wardrobes of their clientele... and I don't see any reason for them to buy it.

Last edited:
the only good thing about this: BINX!!!

regarding to him: I’m starting to see him as a stylist rather than a designer. Seriously, what else can he bring to the table? I moved forward with Yves Saint Laurent.
only now ? AV is a much better image director than an actual designer from the start.

Very pretty and light. Strong seasonal message but I guess the key item is the belt?

I am by no means a prude but the cleavage was excessive even for Saint Laurent standards. Minus the fur coats (worn this time after-thought on the arm ) one would think this was a S/S show. After the stellar furs of FW22 this is a let down. Those cocoon leather coats seem out of place at Saint Laurent but were a welcome change of pace.

The palette is beautiful, the individual looks are beautiful, but that is a LOT of sheer fabric...it started feeling very repetitive after a while. Which is a shame because his recent shows have been my favorites for a few seasons in a row now. It did actually make the few pieces in different fabrics stand out. The leather, the satin, the wool suits, the faux fur. And they were quite nice. Wish he would've explored that more within the language of this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->