Saint Laurent Menswear F/W 2024.25 by Glen Luchford

That's how you end up when recreating something that's perfect. They should have referenced different paintings and maybe ask Teller to do it in Newton style instead.

i don't think they try to improve from the original, they just recode it into a gay image, give gays the grand renaissance... to coincide with the snap election.

I am very pleased with what I am seeing thus far. Luchford did a great job. I can't wait to see the ads in print.

The naked guy is doing everything. The other guy is giving nothing.

I like the idea, there are worse routes to go than recycling a successful campaign concept from 25 years ago. It's long enough. When you compare this to that campaign, this is a cheap imitation. But when you compare this to the other menswear campaigns we're likely to see over the next few months, this'll almost certainly be a/the standout.

Casting isn’t good, though.

I don't mind a recreation of some shots of the 99 campaign, it's long enough, and the movie tells a lot different story.
Anthony is a limited designer but a terrific brand & image director, much more better at image-building and story-telling than a lot of his peers.
Who, in 2024, can compares to his campaigns ?

when they name dropped visconti and pasolini i rolled my eyes so hard "there they go again just saying some famous name" lol but wooow was i wrong this is so HOT and beautiful, glen luchford was deep into his teorema and death in venice bag and it shows bc the video is so intriguing and sexy i wish it was a whole feature film. @/anthony if youre reading this PLS make a nagisa oshima and fassbinder inspired ad, or take advantage of the fact that ysl produced cronenberg's latest picture and just ask him to shoot a crash 1996 inspired fashion film 😭🙏

Very well done, to reference the dark side of YSL in this sultry way is the only way to go with this house. It's the spirit of Yves and all his historic artistic self-torture. I love the emotionality of the campaign spot. Gorgeous, great models. Glen did his thing.

What would've been true fire is if Tom Ford show and directed the campaign.
If you're gonna reference, let's really reference. And Tom can direct. That would be a beautiful booking to book.

Ouch… looks like a bad editorial at Wonderland magazine.

This is even too cheap and cheesy to be by Annie Leibovitz lolz

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboutique
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->