Saint Laurent Resort 2015

mehrde

Reaction score
During the menswear show for Spring/Summer 2015, Saint Laurent showcased several women's silhouettes on the Carreau du Temple runway, from the PSYCH ROCK collection. Exclusively for Vogue.fr, Hedi Slimane unveils a series of his own photographs, capturing the Sixties-inspired collection that pays tribute to the psychedelic rock music movement of the era.

saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_01_104548315_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_02_913712963_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_03_66425999_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_04_558675759_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_05_691364858_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_06_66533364_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_07_903752513_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_08_629000375_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_09_715066270_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_10_549522674_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_11_186118569_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_12_302807715_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_13_848693931_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_14_703521511_north_545x.jpg
saint_laurent_psych_rock_collection_lr_15_383020332_north_545x.jpg

Grace Hatzel by Hedi Slimane, Los Angeles Juin 2014
vogue.fr

Saint Laurent is so boring...
At least the menswear & the accessories sells.

Very cool collection! Just the right amount of Joplin, Slick, Hendrix & Morrison flair. Thanks for sharing!

must say i feel this is beautifully done. the casting is good. the silhouettes are good. and some looks are Rive-Gauche, kind of - aren't they ?

the first look is pretty magic. it's like a long see-through-veil-cape with embroidered (?) golden (?) stars ! i mean: gorgeous ! you could basically wear this almost all day long - from morning walk of shame to night fame, and in between.

LOVE the poulain coat. that's poulain, isn't it ? gorgeous choice for the leather pattern ! i mean, they went and looked for one good piece. don't know if the pieces in shops will be as good (i guess there won't be much, though... because i bet it would cost at least $10-15k).

apart from the 2 denim looks, and even though there might be too much quincaillerie (hardware junk), i'm sure you can find something in there to please you.

good.

i'm not always liking what he does. but i think he's pretty good at mixing a vibe of both loulou and betty before-and-during Rive-Gauche in his LA rock pose.

PS: c'est fait expres le nom d'emprunt "mehrde" ? c'est pour mehr+merde = plus de ... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not always liking what he does. but i think he's pretty good at mixing a vibe of both loulou and betty before-and-during Rive-Gauche in his LA rock pose.

His Saint Laurent is more Loulou than Betty to me. Almost too literal in a way...

His designs are completely irrelevant to me and his styling or so called historic references leave me immune too, you can tell he really has nothing to say, he's just a coveted cashier responding to what a season feels like or not and in a time where everyone and their dog have a tumblr and material from the past is constantly passed around, Hedi's interpretation is anybody's interpretation. That being said, I often find myself drawn to what he does with Grace, even when he makes his subjects look a little odious, she's still so pretty and has multiple layers in a stare that are past the direction of the photographs and kind of dig up a more soulful side that's missing anywhere else, I like her and I like that he's creating some kind of narrative by using her for seasons now.

eta: I'm confused about this thread migration :lol:.. and btw, where's that long dress with patchwork or prints or something that was admittedly good? (I think Grace wore that look).

Last edited by a moderator:
As a rock fan I like this collection but is strage to see how YSL turns to Free People..

This is actually just the full Resort collection

vogue.fr

You nailed it when you said Free People, this could be pulled from one of their catalogues. I actually find some of it it to pretty cool, though I'm definitely not sold on it as a whole collection at all. Run-of-the-mill '70s.
As a rock fan I like this collection but is strage to see how YSL turns to Free People..

Everything looks like costumes. I'm sure they are exquisitely done but there is not an inch of originality. I wish Heidi would apply his attention to detail into something relevant, instead of rehashing quite literally every single rock n roll inspired trend since the beginning of time. That's not what Yves was all about, if the business model of this house is canvasing through archives and give the client something they have a reference for, they do not need a designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarestjewel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->