Yves Saint Laurent Resort 2006

Oh .. finally someone at YSL who respects the brand!!!

So timeless and stylish and classic!

Me likey!

love all that i saw at this wwd article (apart from the cover shot which was so-so)
i'm so glad YSL is at Stefano's hands, he has real style

thanks for the topic kimair, had no time to post this myself :blush:

brian - everything looks so good :heart:

Ultramarine - Oh .. finally someone at YSL who respects the brand!!!

So timeless and stylish and classic

Lena - i'm so glad YSL is at Stefano's hands, he has real style

PLEASE let's keep on these quotations as our cherished thoughts for the day !!! :flower:

Now , you CANNOT get more upbeat than that ................ :innocent:

It's all very elegant. Pilati is very talented, I don't get why critics were so harsh on him the first time around... He's perfection compared to that Tom Ford.

all of these are nice, however, to be clear & honest all of these are repeatetion for his previous collections or a direct clone for the original YSLs.

stefano should come with somthing new for the next s/s or he will be in a big trouble.
& mr. yves saint laurent won't mind modernize his brand, does anyone remebers albert elbaz collections for ysl they were all under mr.YSL approval & supervision & they were very contemporary & not direct clonning for ysl classics.

Kimkhuu said:
It's all very elegant. Pilati is very talented, I don't get why critics were so harsh on him the first time around... He's perfection compared to that Tom Ford.

:unsure: he had very supportive critics in paris

Things are looking great here...love that last skirt and the whole scarf-look...

Lena said:
:unsure: he had very supportive critics in paris

I remember reading quite a few critics complaining on how awful the ruffles were on his dresses/skirts for his first collection. Though I totally disagree. :P

taz said:
all of these are nice, however, to be clear & honest all of these are repeatetion for his previous collections or a direct clone for the original YSLs.

It's true, but he's been doing some variation, like fabrics, textures, patterns and colors which isn't bad. If it's really nice, I don't see the harm in keeping the formlula. :flower:

love it, but I agree w diorling on the cut of the pants. that dress however is perfection. who wouldn't want to wear that? I wonder who will????

taz said:
.....stefano should come with somthing new for the next s/s or he will be in a big trouble......

I don't think so. With Pilati at YSL customers & sales are back and it's a huge difference with Ford.
But for the next s/s i hope he will bring something new and more simplified than his last collection.
Wait and see.....

come on, Pilati is a huge success at YSL, if only you could see how the Parisian TV and Press is treating him... he sure was THE star of the fw05.06 collections, i was in Paris during this time and i cpouldnt belive the praise and the coverage.. he actaully stole the limelight from Elbaz this season, people in Paris are getting hysterical over his ysl collection.. which has never happened while Tom was around..

of course it will sure take sometime for 'other countries' to understand the impact Pilati is having at the moment
few years ago, Paris was 'burning' with the name of Elbaz and outside France people didnt had a clue who that Elbaz was.. i can see this pattren all over again.. dont shed a tear for Stefano, he's the new fashion star guys :wink:

^I agree Lena.Its not hard to see why. In my opinion, his f/w '05 collection was not only one of the best collections of the entire season, but the ultimate fashion-fashion collection.

Anyways, the first gown posted here is gorgeous.:heart:

Ummm, I´m honestly a bit reluctant to call Pilati - who obviously did a good f/w collection - the new Alber Elbaz, Olivier Theyskens, Nicolas Guesquière, Hussein Chalayan (See that "Paris six" article). Only time will tell how he can create a new image for YSL, the aforementioned have worked it out in years, on the contrary, we have only seen 2 runway presentations and 2 pre-collections from Pilati.

I wonder what the buzz and press support will ultimately result in, I mean, even Lanvin is not selling like crazy, stores like Corso Como are putting up stellar discount on it, the same with Rochas and so on. I can´t believe that Stefano Pilati´s YSL is selling like crazy, most people I know that were buying it during the Tom Ford era didn´t like the latest accessories & footwear offerings (quite difficult to sell for a "mass" market), which are without doubt as much - or even more - important in terms of sales than the ready-to-wear.

:blink: the fact that eg. corso como has Lanvin on discount doesnt mean a thing about Elbaz being a good designer or not right?
same goes about YSL and Pilati's commercial success...

*look, as you may know, europe is in a VERY tight economic crisis at the moment, no one is making money as it is, sales have frozen, discounts everywhere.. including lux
*still, we are getting SO off topic, we are supposed to be discussing Pilati's resort line for ysl, not how-much he's selling
*tricoteen, if you want to start a new topic of the current economy state of pre-a-porter de luxe.. that wouldn't be a bad idea at all

Lena, this topic has indeed gone off topic, but I didn´t see anything wrong with commenting botoxmolecula´s point of YSL under Pilati being a big success. I think I may know very well that we are in an economic crisis, I am working in high fashion retail so I witness my client´s reluctance to spend a lot on clothes... I never said that being a good designer is linked to turning high sales results. It´s just matter of fact that I heard a lot of such news that there is a difficulty to sell these "couture" lines, besides the deserved good reviews - whereas others are selling (Christian Dior by Galliano, Dolce & Gabbana, Dries van Noten)

I like some of what Pilati is doing - the dress posted from the cruise collection is great (and definitely much easier to wear than some of his F/W 2005 collection which was beautiful in it´s own right), I loved the theme behind his F/W collection and some of the footwear he is doing is unusually interesting (colourful suede heels from S/S 2005).

Anyway, let´s get back on topic... YSL Cruise Collection 2005-06

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->