Sarah Burton - Designer, Creative Director of Givenchy

Her accessories were quite strong but mcqueen was/is never really anyone's choice for leather goods as its mainly a fashion brand. We will see how her accessories do at givenchy. She at least had the sneakers and maybe the knuckle clutch, curve got some popularity too. The heroin was nice but never caught on unfortunately.
The sneakers and one & half yes successful bags ....but not enough continuation of success in this department which is my point, even Balmain or other weak acc brand have one hit wonders in bags like D&G all also heavy on reliance on the RTW business as core try to create best sellers in acc.

Yes many brands are RTW focus/strong but the goal is to balance the offer with strong acc business which she tried and did not manage with great success beside lack of brand /world building, even Lee had some acc success so we cant say its not part of the brand regardless if it did not continue to pick up.

Lee had commercial sense/intentions as well
She will be expected at LVMH to build a strong acc offer or reignite past acc with new light like dior saddle bag is now part of the staple after lady dior bag .....

The last CD of Givenchy also failed to ignite a healthy acc business and world building , same for Claire.

dreamy dresses or looks are not enough to build a brand and keep it going, things have to sell and gain market share in order to support creative vision and freedom.

i just fear it will be again not enough to make the house stable, but will see with the show etc how it shapes up.

Bravo for Walter! He for sure knows he is irrelevant to the world of fashion, but why would that make him not give his opinion on something?

We are all irrelevant to the world of fashion as well and here we are, giving irrelevant opinions. And I think that’s perfect, we have to embrace our status and be critic with things that we might also be.

Bravo for Walter! He for sure knows he is irrelevant to the world of fashion, but why would that make him not give his opinion on something?

We are all irrelevant to the world of fashion as well and here we are, giving irrelevant opinions. And I think that’s perfect, we have to embrace our status and be critic with things that we might also be.
Because this a forum of discussion/exchanges of point of views, where different points of views are at forefront not who's behind it, its about the discussion not about a (known/public) person singular opinion without discourse.

I think being a cd even at his irrelevant state and express so basically on another CD seems so unnecessary because ricci moved on and where was the energy when ricci was replaced twice already lol.

You would be surprised where TFS opinions land at company´s press & marketing reports /reviews ...especially on shows or campaigns brands pic up on all mayor comments online TFS is between their.

Because this a forum of discussion/exchanges of point of views, where different points of views are at forefront not who's behind it, its about the discussion not about a (known/public) person singular opinion without discourse.

I think being a cd even at his irrelevant state and express so basically on another CD seems so unnecessary because ricci moved on and where was the energy when ricci was replaced twice already lol.

You would be surprised where TFS opinions land at company´s press & marketing reports /reviews ...especially on shows or campaigns brands pic up on all mayor comments online TFS is between their.
brands should start cutting some cheques to tfs, some ppl here are doing consulting work for free !

I was like who is she? I don't know her. And that's not for Sarah.

I really hope she came out snatching his wig. Given that Givenchy has more room to play around and it is supposed to be positioned higher than McQueen. So I hope she can express more womenswear vocabulary. At least I know that the tailoring game would be top tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->