Scandinavian Street Style #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
20050820_06.jpg

for those of you who don't know, this is the fashion-guy from finnish fab5 (credit earlier this page)

This thread is fantastic!
I so miss Scandinavia. I was raised in Helsinki and used to live in Stockholm(2003 summer!!!), but haven't been in Hki now over a year. In my opinion there is lot's of talented designers in Finland, they just need some help to get their designs out!
I so love Helsinki and this thread makes me wanna book my tickets there asap!

And the pics from Copenhagen, very good, you really captures the feeling of Copenhagen.

http://www.sthlmstil.se/ - what a wonderful site, horriblyjollyjin! that HEL LOOKS has really started to repeat itself...too many a) hanoi rocks fans b) people who wear converse or vans and a palestinian scarf etc. c) IVANAhelsinki and Nanso copies (finnish "top" design), so boring. everybody looks the same here in finland :(

Oh wow I've only found this thread now...I LOVE Scandinavian design and style...so I'm going to take some time now to get through it all.

So far though,it seems you ladies in the "Cold North" have had a much better summer than we've had in Holland :lol: .

Mettchen said:
:buzz: nicke ! thrilled to see you around .. pictures are fantastic. :heart:

Nice to hear that Mette !!! I'll promise to post more often. :flower:

[/QUOTE] that HEL LOOKS has really started to repeat itself...too many a) hanoi rocks fans b) people who wear converse or vans and a palestinian scarf etc. c) IVANAhelsinki and Nanso copies (finnish "top" design), so boring. everybody looks the same here in finland :([/QUOTE]

Hello laura, and welcome to tFS.
I know what you mean, it's like we have here nothing but two styles on the streets. But I don't agree we all look the same.. We're getting better..^_^
Babysteps.

This guy is a model, we were at the same photoshoot for one magazine this summer and I really liked his style.

HelLooksVesa.jpg

And I would choose the Hanoi Rocks fans over the thousands of "fake LV bag, Mulberry/Burberry scarf" - clones anyday...

20050910_06.jpg
20050903_05.jpg

pics from hel-looks.com there is lots of new pics, but very little worth posting

^he is surprisingly tanned, usually guys like that are pale

one thing about scandinavians, especially swedes;

they ALWAYS wear scarves, it could be summer & 90 degrees outside & they'll still wear a scarf.

it kinda gets annoying after a while. :|

I guess I'm guilty of doing the "imagescarf". But for me it's actually something to kind of hide behind. I have no bangs, so I've developed another kind of hiding mechanism :rolleyes:

I saw three incredibly cool boys on Aleksi (Helsinki high street). I hate phones with cameras, but today I wished I'd had one with me :woot:

Louna said:
I guess I'm guilty of doing the "imagescarf". But for me it's actually something to kind of hide behind. I have no bangs, so I've developed another kind of hiding mechanism :rolleyes:

I saw three incredibly cool boys on Aleksi (Helsinki high street). I hate phones with cameras, but today I wished I'd had one with me :woot:

there are some great coffee places on Aleksi, so you can just sit there all day and look at people. next time I'll take pictures too

More from Stockholm

050825b3s.JPG

050910b3s.JPG

^Not liking his shoes..
050910b1s.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
20050908_05.jpg

I like this..can you believe he's 16?
20050908_04.jpg

he looks nice too..
from hel-looks.com

Last edited by a moderator: