Scandinavia's Next Top Model

I hate myself for being so impatient. I just had to look up the three finalists on the Danish site. :rolleyes:
I don't get why they can't do some coordination to make sure all countries are on the same episode, though. How hard can that be?

Anyway, I knew Florina would get cut. But kinda silly that they couldn't come up with a better reason than her height. 5'9 in true height isn't really that short....
Of the remaining girls I agree with your choices, iluvjeisa. I'm not sure about Freja's body (I hear she's got some wide hips...), but great face, skin, hair. Mira is totally my type, but maybe a little too plain. I wasn't a fan of Anna's look, but she impressed me today. Plus, she and Mira both appear to have great bodies. I had high hopes for Sabina, but her pics have been disappointing. Not photogenic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously tonight's elimination was pretty much horrendeous. What the hell did just happen? Keeping an ugly 5'7 and eliminating a 5'9 girl with a great picture, great walk and a great personality? It's pretty much rigged and biased to the bone! The only girl that I can see making it somewhat further in the world of modeling is Freja, other than that, nothing.

I think they decided Sabrina should win from the beginning, it seems so rigged...

Mamba said:
Seriously tonight's elimination was pretty much horrendeous. What the hell did just happen? Keeping an ugly 5'7 and eliminating a 5'9 girl with a great picture, great walk and a great personality? It's pretty much rigged and biased to the bone! The only girl that I can see making it somewhat further in the world of modeling is Freja, other than that, nothing.

Well, the thing is that Florina does not have a typical model personality. If a model is a saleswoman/representative and a muse, Florina has none of the latter but lots of the former. She is not a muse - her will to dominate is too strong and her ability to respond to others is very limited. I don't know what Cynthia was thinking complementing her so much on her personality - and saying everyone could learn - Cynthia herself is so much more receptive than Florina. I wonder if Florina is a member of the church of scientology or something, she seems so possessed.

On the other hand, I can understand the critique on Camilla. Although I like Camilla, her lower lip is a problem....

I was in shock when Hervé claimed that Camilla's face was irreplaceable. I think she's ugly. And not in a remotely interesting way, just plain ugly.

I wonder to what extent Florina's 'agressiveness' and display of extreme confidence was exaggerated by the editing etc. It would be very interesting to meet her irl.

Saracita said:
I was in shock when Hervé claimed that Camilla's face was irreplaceable. I think she's ugly. And not in a remotely interesting way, just plain ugly.

I wonder to what extent Florina's 'agressiveness' and display of extreme confidence was exaggerated by the editing etc. It would be very interesting to meet her irl.

Good point, yes, that would be interesting. Still, she seemed less aloof than most models, I think. :wink:

iluvjeisa said:
Well, the thing is that Florina does not have a typical model personality. If a model is a saleswoman/representative and a muse, Florina has none of the latter but lots of the former. She is not a muse - her will to dominate is too strong and her ability to respond to others is very limited. I don't know what Cynthia was thinking complementing her so much on her personality - and saying everyone could learn - Cynthia herself is so much more receptive than Florina. I wonder if Florina is a member of the church of scientology or something, she seems so possessed.

On the other hand, I can understand the critique on Camilla. Although I like Camilla, her lower lip is a problem....

So basically she should be dancing around, singing "It's raning men"? I don't believe that there's a "model personality" it's different from person to person.
She may not have the fake candy cotton personality. The girl is smart and she uses her intelligence to the advantage which I appreciate a lot. She's sensitive as well, which she showed during the second baby photo shoot. On the other hand she can walk tall (has the best walk according to Jay) and she takes best pictures out of the bunch. That should be enough.

Mamba said:
So basically she should be dancing around, singing "It's raning men"? I don't believe that there's a "model personality" it's different from person to person.
She may not have the fake candy cotton personality. The girl is smart and she uses her intelligence to the advantage which I appreciate a lot. She's sensitive as well, which she showed during the second baby photo shoot. On the other hand she can walk tall (has the best walk according to Jay) and she takes best pictures out of the bunch. That should be enough.

I don't get the raining men part or the cotton candy remark. As I said, I think most successful models worth mentioning are somewhat aloof. Not all, but I think it's a quality that is becoming almost as common now as it was in the 60s. She did have the best walk, but she doesn't take great pix, although I liked the last one where she seemed to be completely in her element.

The reason they cut out Florina is poorly motivated - from what has been said in the show that is (otherwise, I pretty much agree) - I think they were trying to create an element of surprise, but it just seems confused IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, I suspect they've decided that Sabrina is the winner... It's business disguised as an entertaining competition. I think they want a different face to win, someone who could make it huge because she's so unusual. Otoh she could also be a total failure because she is so unusual... But it's all a gamble, isn't it?

It's like they eliminate anyone who has potential so she'll be the only one left that looks good. And let's face it, she hasn't taken that many great pics... Why the hell is that Danish woman with the widely spaced teeth still in there, for instance?

That's my conspiracy theory. :lol:

tott said:
Like I said, I suspect they've decided that Sabrina is the winner... It's business disguised as an entertaining competition. I think they want a different face to win, someone who could make it huge because she's so unusual. Otoh she could also be a total failure because she is so unusual... But it's all a gamble, isn't it?

It's like they eliminate anyone who has potential so she'll be the only one left that looks good. And let's face it, she hasn't taken that many great pics... Why the hell is that Danish woman with the widely spaced teeth still in there, for instance?

That's my conspiracy theory. :lol:

Yeah, that is quite possible. That would explain the strange eliminations, definitely.:wink:

Saracita said:
I hate myself for being so impatient. I just had to look up the three finalists on the Danish site. :rolleyes:
I don't get why they can't do some coordination to make sure all countries are on the same episode, though. How hard can that be?
Heh, I couldn't resist either so now I know who won.:innocent:

TV3's planning does border on ******** at times, I wish they'd at least air the final the same week or so, not with a three-week delay.

Scandinavia's next top model 3 final pictures

Attachments

• freja8.jpg
    freja8.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 31
  • anna-9.jpg
    anna-9.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 24
  • therese10.jpg
    therese10.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
Here's Freja on the WhyNot site. They put up some seriously bad pics of her, though, and it's quite obvious that her body doesn't cut it..

http://www.whynotmodels.com/viewerGeneral.asp?tipo=B&pos=0&idbook=1307&area=W

They also signed Sabina. I'm surprised, she's so NOT photogenic.

http://www.whynotmodels.com/viewerGeneral.asp?tipo=B&pos=0&idbook=1306&area=W

Anna's with Unique. Good for a "Top Model" contestant, I don't think Unique's signed any other Danish contestant, from any season? Flat face, but at least she has the body.

http://www.unique.dk/introducing/model_view/anna+l

Thanks Saracita. So Freja got the cover of Vimmel. Well, sadly it's not very good. :doh:

Anna's body looks so short and chunky! Hopefully Sabrina will be able to bring it. never was a fan of Freja. Can't wait for the Make Up store pictures, they usually have amazing stuff inside.

You think? She could lose some on her waist perhaps, but she's 5'10.5'' and has pretty standard model measurements. :unsure:

Don't care for her look at all, though. And I'm shocked Why Not signed Sabina. Cute girl, but in photos... not so much. :doh:

OlgaKorbut said:
You think? She could lose some on her waist perhaps, but she's 5'10.5'' and has pretty standard model measurements. :unsure:

Don't care for her look at all, though. And I'm shocked Why Not signed Sabina. Cute girl, but in photos... not so much. :doh:

Freja's body is very well suited for SI-modeling, I think. But her face has a tendency to puff up. Sounds harsh, and I don't mean it that way because she's gorgeous, but her facial structure is on the verge of being too round for looking good on photographs - it's very sensitive to slight puffiness.

^ I have a feeling it won't be too long until we see Freja on the cover of Café and similar stuff. And I agree about her face.

Btw, I was referring to Mamba's comment about Anna's body, if that was unclear. :smile:

OlgaKorbut said:
^ I have a feeling it won't be too long until we see Freja on the cover of Café and similar stuff. And I agree about her face.

Btw, I was referring to Mamba's comment about Anna's body, if that was unclear. :smile:

Ah, well, same goes to both of them, I guess, even though I didn't think it applied to Anna when I watched the show.

Café? It would be a mistake, I think. Freja could do VeckoRevyn and the girly mags, and she would probably be a good choice for many wholesome Swedish commercials. She has the whole girl-next-door wholesome appeal going, even if she has the SI body. So that could be a nice carreer there, if she sticks around for that long. She just doesn't seem like the girl that would DO the Café cover, you know? There's hardly any money involved and all the girls who do Café go nowhere but down....or marry soccer stars, and Freja didn't hit it off with Zlatan :lol: She just doesn't seem like the sl*tty cheerful groupie type who mostly seem to grace those covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grabental
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->