New Zealand's Next Top Model

It looks like Laura has no neck in these pictures.

I'm really happy about the winner, she is definitely the one with the most potential.

Yay for Christobelle ,she's a great winner.Laura is a good model,but I think that Christobelle's face is more special and her runway walk is better.

Even though I know that Christobelle will be an awesome winner (already one of the best NTM winners ever, just on potential alone), I can't help but feel a little sad that Laura lost. I think the show has really brought an amazing model out of her and with a little more time she could work in New York and Paris. Her photo with the gold dress is probably the best of the entire season.

And even though, they made the best F2 in the history of NTM, it was really heart-wrenching to see Hosanna's face scrunch up with tears when she got axed.

I hope to see a lot from all three of their careers because they're all wonderful. B)

And even though, they made the best F2 in the history of NTM, it was really heart-wrenching to see Hosanna's face scrunch up with tears when she got axed.
I'm not much of a Hosanna fan but it was still really sad to watch her elimination. I think it was the best top 2 in NTM history as well.
I think if girls like Rhiannon and Ajoh had been kept in and improved their pics then I think it could defintely be the best top 4 in NTM history. I'm very happy with cycle one and hope cycle two will live up to the standards of cycle one or be even better. I think most of the girls from the top 13 will work, I've heard that Christobelle, Laura, Hosannna, Ruby and Victoria have all been signed with 62. There will probably be a few other girls too. I was really excited when Christobelle won, so I've started her a thread here: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f52/christobelle-grierson-ryrie-80332.html

I hope Sara signs Rhiannon,she's gorgeous and long-limbed.I think she has great potential to make it big in New York and Europe.

did anything major ever become of last year's models ... they all seemed to have such great potential ...

did anything major ever become of last year's models ... they all seemed to have such great potential ...
Christobelle, Laura, Hosanna, Victoria and Ruby have signed with 62 Models. Christobelle hasn't done much work (she's still in school though). She has been signed with Chic in Sydney and Next in New York, according to 62 she was having visa problems.
Laura did a few shows at NZ fashion week last year, and went to Loreal Melbourne fashion week earlier this year. I think she's had steady work both here and in Australia.
Hosanna and Victoria have been working steadily as well.
Ruby's gone down the TV route, she's done work for C4 Music TV and covered events too.
Ajoh is still with Visage Models, Teryl Leigh is still with Clyne and Rebecca Rose was with an agency, but I don't know if she's still working.
I haven't seen much of Rhiannon or Tiffany. Lucy is working with cycle 2 as a model mentor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christobelle, Laura, Hosanna, Victoria and Ruby have signed with 62 Models. Christobelle hasn't done much work (she's still in school though). She has been signed with Chic in Sydney and Next in New York, according to 62 she was having visa problems.
Laura did a few shows at NZ fashion week last year, and went to Loreal Melbourne fashion week earlier this year. I think she's had steady work both here and in Australia.
Hosanna and Victoria have been working steadily as well.
Ruby's gone down the TV route, she's done work for C4 Music TV and covered events too.
Ajoh is still with Visage Models, Teryl Leigh is still with Clyne and Rebecca Rose was with an agency, but I don't know if she's still working.
I haven't seen much of Rhiannon or Tiffany. Lucy is working with cycle 2 as a model mentor.

Wow! Thanks for the thorough update. I loved Christobelle and think she's got real potential... glad that she seems to be finishing school though. I also really like Laura and I'm glad to hear she's having some success. Ruby seems perfect for television - I never really saw her as a model. I love Ajoh's look and Rebecca Rose's too even if she was a one trick pony.

Cycle 2 premiere aired last night.

See top 21 shoot here: http://www.tv3.co.nz/Episode-1---To...87/Aafreen_MG_6522.jpg?crop=auto&maxwidth=600

Here's the top 14

Aafreen Vaz (20)

Amelia Akiko Nakagawa Gough (22)

Courtenay Scott-Hill (17)

Dakota Biddle (18)

Danielle Hayes (19)

Elza Jenkins (17)

Estelle Curd (19)

Eva Maringi Duncan (16)

Holly Potton (20)

Jamie Himiona (18)

Lara Clare Kingsbeer (16)

Lauren Bangs (16)

Michaela Steenkamp (16)

Nellie Rose Jenkins (17)

source: tv3.co.nz

My favourites at the moment are Courtenay, Lara, Dakota, Michaela and Aafreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are quite a numbe rof girls that have lots of potential here! wow impressive

Michaela is my favourite at the moment and I also want to see what Dakota can do. Both have great looks.

Dakota, Aafreen, & Michaela are all striking... they stand out! Dakota's story has me really interested and hopeful... the twins look as though they may be promising... one over the other but I can't remember which at the moment... over all this cast seems to be really strong - better than AusNTM (or BNTM)... I can't see why they kept Holly though...

Other than Lauren, Eva, Estelle, this cast is pretty good. The three I mentioned all look the same on film, and they look like girls from JC Penny Catalogues. However I'm rooting for Courtenay, Michaela, Lara and definitely my favourite, Jamie. Jamie's got confidence in her body, a different look from anyone, and a pretty energetic presence.

Dakota, Aafreen, & Michaela are all striking... they stand out! Dakota's story has me really interested and hopeful... the twins look as though they may be promising... one over the other but I can't remember which at the moment... over all this cast seems to be really strong - better than AusNTM (or BNTM)... I can't see why they kept Holly though...
They kept Holly because she wants it, and will probably create drama :rolleyes:
For me, there are half a dozen girls I really like... the rest are just meh :blink:
There were some girls in the top 33 who should have got in, such as Daisy, Elle and Sophie... they were quite stunning compared to some girls in the top 14 :innocent: Not to mention some girls have bad proportions etc.

I can't wait to watch the rest of the season :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"