Schiaparelli Haute Couture F/W 14.15 Paris

some of them remind me Jean Paul Gaultier.

a bit gimmicky as far as I am concerned...

I was definitely more a fan of the previous collection, this indeed feels very dull and reminiscent of Jean Paul Gaultier's work.

I agreed it's very lovely,it's better than I thought.

it looks like it's all beautifully made, but who will want to wear this? It feels heavy-handed and slightly ridiculous, not humorous, fresh and artistic like Schiaparelli.

it looks like it's all beautifully made, but who will want to wear this? It feels heavy-handed and slightly ridiculous, not humorous, fresh and artistic like Schiaparelli.

Exactly.

Totally in the "couture spirit", some crazy color combinations but on a whole a nice and fun show!

I like the pink coat with 'ES" embroidered on it, what an amazing contrast to the deep blue/purple gown underneath! absolutely fab!

not a fan of the yellow, dotty dress though

Pretty much. In a vacuum, it's a nice little collection, but there's quite a difference between light-hearted and cartoonish. I don't think Marco aced that concept yet.

It was a fun, whimsical collection! Some of the looks could definitely afford to be edited but overall it was very good!

:flower: absolutely.

This is the best I've seen from Zanini. Everything's very well done, very coherent, very well edited, very round, very Schiaparelli too. That said... I don't like it. Marco is a mediocre designer at best; he just doesn't have true talent and everything he does looks irrelevant.

By the way, I'm so over the 'this is not wearable' comments. This is couture; they are not trying to make a profit. If you want to see sellable clothes go to see the Gucci collection on Style.com. Anyway, I do see many wearable clothes here... Everything looks wearable, actually. Everything has its market.

By the way, I'm so over the 'this is not wearable' comments. This is couture; they are not trying to make a profit. If you want to see sellable clothes go to see the Gucci collection on Style.com. Anyway, I do see many wearable clothes here... Everything looks wearable, actually. Everything has its market.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you here. I'm also sick of seeing 'gimmicky' thrown everytime a motif is used on clothing. There's a difference between kitsch, surrealism, and gimmicks. This is Schiaparelli so kitschy, artsy surrealistic motifs or 'gimmicks' should be used a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->