Schiaparelli Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

This is what Pierpaolo's Valentino should be looking like. Love the brashy, maximalist and retro vibe.
It's showy and unapologetic. Strange because I didn't like what Germanotta was wearing at the inauguration.

I'm pleasently surprised! Finally a Schiaparelli collection that isn't tortured. The Hulk Couture part is my favourite and while it's not necessary groundbreaking, it makes sense in the context of Schaparelli's DNA. Same with the golden teeth. Some pieces are too weird, like the breastfeeding one. That look feels completely out of place.

It's better what he have offered but still there not refinement in his collection. His surrealism always look more Jean Paul Gaultier when it's should be Elsa. And the accessories looks cheap with that shade of gold (wtf are those nails).

He is verging on the territory of tackiness for tackiness' sake, which is not something I would associate with Schiaparelli. IMO, this brand is the ultimate embodiment of intellectuality and the real queen of quirkiness! I would say JPG and Mugler have done it better!

It's a fun collection! The pink earring dress is something.

If you remove the Schiaparelli name association it's actually a very fun collection.

Very meh, the muscle dresses belong in a bad Mugler show ca.1990 along with that monstrous closer.

The rigid chestplates are so tired, I've never liked that type of thing and I would die a happy man if I could never look at one again.

I do like the goldy locks jacket and some of the accesories but genius surrealism this ain't.

I actually love the column embroidered dress. Tom Ford made me hate that kind of dress and suddenly, this one is pure love!
I think the collection lacks in chic and the surrealism is turning into comical. It's more Mugler than Schiaparelli...

I really enjoy his playful use of casting which he has been doing for the past few seasons. However, there is only so much you can do before it starts getting repetitive so I wonder how he will expand on this.

It's... weird. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I appreciate that it's different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->