Secondary/Diffusion Lines: Identify

If someone could put up the Cavalli diffusion lines, I'd greatly appreciate it, I have some doubts about his stuff but I really don't know where I would look for this kind of information, thanks.

I think they're Class by Roberto Cavalli (Class..that's funny..roberto cavalli..class..:lol:) and Just Cavalli.

What about CNC Costume National, produced by Ittierre (which produces D&G, Versace Jeans Couture, Just Cavalli, etc.)?

I don't have a lot of experience with it (I love the main line, however) but seeing a few pieces in person didn't impress me too much in terms of quality.

What do you guys think?

John

IMO D&G is not crap, it has cute stuff and I think its perfectly priced. The quality is not bad at all...

travis_nw8 said:
i can't imagine a hussain chalayan diffusion- his mainline is pure casualwear
(same with raf)

well, i hope he comes up w/ as many diffusion lines as possible! :woot: :lol:
baby diffusion line??:innocent: ...

i spied a shirt w/ sleeves that can be buttoned up or down, i believe it was the chalayan diffusion line? it was simple, but added a whole other dimension. i'm not sure if his high-end pieces are covertable, it would cool to see a more complex take on this. anyways i thought it was very smart :flower: :flower:

Chalayan didn't seem to be a diffusion line to me when I read an article describing it's purpose.

So, how can we tell the difference between a collection with a different name for a different purpose and a diffusion line?

I don't think anyone has mentioned Z by Zegna. If not, I'm surprised. To me it's like the most obvious diffusion line ever along with Just Cavalli..It just screams "DIFFUSION"!

chalayan is diffusion, it's pretty obvious once you see the difference in both price and quality. Not to say that the quality is crap, but the main line is definitely superior, especially when you compare the fabrics.

As for telling the difference between a diffusion line or some designer's pet project, I say just look at the price tags, they seem to be fairly reliable indicators.

AlexN said:
Margiela's artisanal line is 0 10.
Yeah, that's the men's artisanal. The women's artisanal just says 0.

Arturo21 said:
I think they're Class by Roberto Cavalli (Class..that's funny..roberto cavalli..class..:lol:) and Just Cavalli.

indeed :lol:

I don't recognise miu miu as a secondary/diffusion line...miu miu and prada are just two different brands...

Dirk Bikkembergs has two diffusion lines, Bikkimbergs and (not official name probably) Bikkembergs Red Label.

Vivienne Westwood has Anglomania.

I agree that only he 6 line by Margiela can be called a diffusion line.

What about CDG? They have 5 million lines. I thing that on the menswear side, the SHIRT line can definitely be considered a diffusion line.

CdG main lines are CdG Homme + and Comme des Garcons.

Diffusions
Men
Shirt, Homme. There were Homme Homme, Homme Deux.

Women
CdG CdG (replacing Robe de Chamber), Tricot.

T-shirt
Play - also sweaters and col. with Speedo:-P

Knits
Tao Comme des Garcons

There is also the Comme des Garcons Aoyama :-P with the C with dot inside

Did I miss anything:-)?

Forgot about CdG Noir which is discontinued I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
droogist said:
chalayan is diffusion, it's pretty obvious once you see the difference in both price and quality. Not to say that the quality is crap, but the main line is definitely superior, especially when you compare the fabrics.

As for telling the difference between a diffusion line or some designer's pet project, I say just look at the price tags, they seem to be fairly reliable indicators.

thx :flower:

Yah..I haven't seen anything from Chalayan. Just read the article.

I think diffusion lines can be great, as lognas they are creative and fresh.

VICTIM said:
also didnt galliano have a line Galliano's Girl in the late 80's early 90's that totally flopped?
Doesn't he still have it? Cause I saw on his site all this Galliano's Girl stuff, maybe he combined and uses that as his catch phrase.

kimair said:
donna karan:
dkny
dkny pure
dkny jeans
Donna has a new one, it recently came out I think. It's called DKNY City...It's basically lots of work clothes...

Let's not forget Gucci's new Guccissime...That's the name, right? Something that ends in "issime"

Speaking of issime Fendi has a line called Fendissime, it's designed by Carla Fendi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget Gucci's new Guccissime...That's the name, right? Something that ends in "issime"

Guccisime??? What the!!! They could have done better than Guccisimie!! It sounds like some tour-sty town in Alabama!

em 692 said:
Guccisime??? What the!!! They could have done better than Guccisimie!! It sounds like some tour-sty town in Alabama!

Well, Fendi has Fendissime, so why not :lol: :rolleyes:

Doesn't he still have it? Cause I saw on his site all this Galliano's Girl stuff, maybe he combined and uses that as his catch phrase.

Was the slogan on the label or on the print/design of the clothes? Galliano reuses his old prints and fabrics year-in year-out - maybe he hasn't got the hang of buying the right amount yet...

Diffusion lines, or rather sub brands are all a matter of making sales: it's all part of the democratization of luxury and away to cash in while trying to keep the main brand exclusive and aspirational!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->