Secondary/Diffusion Lines: Identify

Spacemiu said:
I think diffusion lines can be great, as lognas they are creative and fresh.

Agreed. I'd love to see Miu Miu do a diffusion line. Would be really interesting!

Does Dior Homme carry a diffusion line!?

Diorling said:
Doesn't he still have it? Cause I saw on his site all this Galliano's stuff, maybe he combined and uses that as his catch phrase.

Donna has a new one, it recently came out I think. It's called DKNY City...It's basically lots of work clothes...

Let's not forget Gucci's new Guccissime...That's the name, right? Something that ends in "issime"

Speaking of issime Fendi has a line called Fendissime, it's designed by Carla Fendi.

I think it's La Pelle Guccisima..I can't help up each time I hear that :lol:

"That leather is like, soooooo Gucci!"

I don't think Dior Homme has a diffusion line. :flower:

Arguably, Dior Homme encapsulates a diffusion-line within itself ie the rubbish it does year in year out that also has a lower price-tag that the real 'meat' of the collection.

^True, the product manager crap :lol:

Does Chanel have a diffusion?

I don't know, but doubt it.

Chanel perfumes are essentially their greatest diffusion line. You're buying genuine Chanel without the price-tag.

Chanel accessories are probably next. Women who can't afford to wear Chanel's clothing might just save up for a handbag, a pair of earrings or a pair of shoes.

Chanel did have a different line at one point called Chanel Identification or Chanel Identity I think. It was priced lower than Chanel.

Arturo21 said:
Emporio Armani is a diffusion line, according to Arena Homme +...but he does design it.

EMPORIO ARMANI is not really a diffusion line , it is Armani's YOUNGER , more fashion - forward line .

Ironically , Armani only has personal design input into , Armani Black Label , Armani Classico , and EMPORIO ARMANI , taking great pride in all of them . There is also ARMANI JEANS , which is really a diffusion line , doing not only denim etc , but cheaper sportswear , suits etc , again to maximise profits .

ARMANI COLLEZIONI , is designed by a team and farmed out to Ermenegildo Zegna , Armani merely takes a rake - in . There used to be an Armani line - MANI - of men's suits made in China for sale in the USA, but that may have disappeared .

ARMANI A/X is a licence to a Japanese company and Armani merely rakes in royalties for the use of his name .

Armani makes his money from ' clothes ' predominantly , and no matter HOW much he is decried , he does offer a range of clothing from haute de gamme to street level that satisfies his ' undemanding :unsure: customers ' .:innocent:

kit said:
There used to be an Armani line - MANI - of men's suits made in China for sale in the USA, but that may have disappeared .

my mum had a MANI skirt in the 90's. It was very nice actually.:flower:

Well, the Arena Homme article was talking about when there was a diffusion line craze and that Mr. Armani had already created his and even had a magazine made to advertise, if I recall correctly. :flower:

MANI?! :rofl: :rofl: That sounds so c-h-e-a-p!

U know, in Spanish 'Mani' means 'peanuts'. Good job, Armani! :lol:I wonder if he sold this line in South America...lord..that would have been awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arturo21 said:
Well, the Arena Homme article was talking about when there was a diffusion line craze and that Mr. Armani had already created his and even had a magazine made to advertise, if I recall correctly. :flower:

MANI?! :rofl: :rofl: That sounds so c-h-e-a-p!

U know, in Spanish 'Mani' means 'peanuts'. Good job, Armani! :lol:I wonder if he sold this line in South America...lord..that would have been awesome!

Actually , when Armani started his Emporio line in the early 80s , I suppose you could have called it diffusion , as prices were up to 50% lower than on his main line , which ironically had a WHITE label - black for distinction came later .

BTW

' Mani ' was coined as a label in the 80s , when he held sway , and Armani designed for EVERYONE .

He did collections for SICONS - leather .
ERREUNO - womenswear
Allegri - men's outerwear
Bagutta - shirts
and numerous others too numerous to mention

MANI was an attempt to remake his designs from the previous season at reduced prices - a good idea to make his designs more democratic .

I suppose the name became a little passe with the advent of MARNI - a totally different kettle of fish altogether !!!:innocent:

Prices for EMPORIO ARMANI crept up with its popularity and now you're looking at about 30% difference , to allow for price entry points for the younger trendy market . Incidentally , this morning I NEARLY bought myself an EMPORIO ARMANI knitted cotton beanie hat , but I decided against it , as perhaps something a little more DIOR HOMME would be more in my line .......:rolleyes:

Black Label is relatively hard to find . The London Giorgio Armani boutique and all the other Armani mainline and diffusion shops are held in franchise in the UK by Christina Ong , the Malaysian multimillionairess , who recently bought Mulberry and other UK enterprises .

To go into the Sloane Street Giorgio Armani is to go back into a past of highly monied middle-eastern oil magnates , where money is NO object and where a cashmere cardigan at £2000 is a mere trifle . Black label suits are sold , for men and women the HIGHLY tailored CLASSICO line is on offer , but those delicious pieces from the mainline collection with some forward thinking are anathema - visible luxury is ALL .

As a sales assistant so succintly put it to me , ' He show you spend the money !!! '

Nuff said . :innocent:

I suppose that you should have worn MANI , when it was available , while drinking a long glass of Hortxata de Chufa . :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
kit- just to correct u a little. Christina Ong is from Singapore.

I used to mix up marni with mani until I saw the stuff in stores here. And incidentally Chirsitna Ong owns the Armani stores and Marni store in singapore.

kit said:
Actually , when Armani started his Emporio line in the early 80s , I suppose you could have called it diffusion , as prices were up to 50% lower than on his main line , which ironically had a WHITE label - black for distinction came later .

BTW

' Mani ' was coined as a label in the 80s , when he held sway , and Armani designed for EVERYONE .

He did collections for SICONS - leather .
ERREUNO - womenswear
Allegri - men's outerwear
Bagutta - shirts
and numerous others too numerous to mention

MANI was an attempt to remake his designs from the previous season at reduced prices - a good idea to make his designs more democratic .

I suppose the name became a little passe with the advent of MARNI - a totally different kettle of fish altogether !!!:innocent:

Prices for EMPORIO ARMANI crept up with its popularity and now you're looking at about 30% difference , to allow for price entry points for the younger trendy market . Incidentally , this morning I NEARLY bought myself an EMPORIO ARMANI knitted cotton beanie hat , but I decided against it , as perhaps something a little more DIOR HOMME would be more in my line .......:rolleyes:

Black Label is relatively hard to find . The London Giorgio Armani boutique and all the other Armani mainline and diffusion shops are held in franchise in the UK by Christina Ong , the Malaysian multimillionairess , who recently bought Mulberry and other UK enterprises .

To go into the Sloane Street Giorgio Armani is to go back into a past of highly monied middle-eastern oil magnates , where money is NO object and where a cashmere cardigan at £2000 is a mere trifle . Black label suits are sold , for men and women the HIGHLY tailored CLASSICO line is on offer , but those delicious pieces from the mainline collection with some forward thinking are anathema - visible luxury is ALL .

As a sales assistant so succintly put it to me , ' He show you spend the money !!! '

Nuff said . :innocent:

I suppose that you should have worn MANI , when it was available , while drinking a long glass of Hortxata de Chufa . :lol:

Thx for the info, kit :flower: You know your stuff.

You've got to be the coolest headmaster ever.

Oi! Do you send students that look especially fashion-victimy on any given day to detention? :woot: :lol:

Arturo21 said:
Thx for the info, kit :flower: You know your stuff.

You've got to be the coolest headmaster ever.

Oi! Do you send students that look especially fashion-victimy on any given day to detention? :woot: :lol:

ONLY when they wear DSquared2 :yuk: :innocent: :P :wink: :rolleyes: :lol:

BTW

Whizkit , I stand corrected , and I think Christina Ong also owns the London MARNI boutique .
She's certainly livened up MULBERRY after the Roger Saul debacle !!! :flower:

PrinceOfCats said:
Bonus marks for sipping tigernut milk whilst in head-to-foot Muji?

Now , I won't argue with that . :innocent:

I actually like MUJI , despite the fact that most of their stuff is made in Vietnam and not good old Japan . :angry:

kit said:
ONLY when they wear DSquared2 :yuk: :innocent: :P :wink: :rolleyes: :lol:

BTW

Whizkit , I stand corrected , and I think Christina Ong also owns the London MARNI boutique .
She's certainly livened up MULBERRY after the Roger Saul debacle !!! :flower:

I would give you extra karma for that, but Ijust gave you karma for the Armani comment.

You're a pretty soft with those kids, I'd expel the student if he/she wore Dsquared. :lol:

Arturo21 said:
I would give you extra karma for that, but Ijust gave you karma for the Armani comment.

You're a pretty soft with those kids, I'd expel the student if he/she wore Dsquared. :lol:

That's terribly lenient of you, are you sure you wouldn't rather that they were shot at dawn by firing squad :innocent:

...Gosh...

That's what happens after they're expelled. I wouldn't do that on school property! :rolleyes:

:lol:

We're so heartless!

Did anybody found any pics of this Boss Orange show that happened in Berlin couple days ago? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->