Self Service Spring/Summer 2009 : Raquel Zimmermann by Ezra Petronio

^No doubt. Self Service never fails to impress.

so i am finally tired of Sorrenti unstoppable "artsy" nudity in ecstatic poses and pseudo-woozy girls.

Malgosia Bela by Mario Sorrenti
styled by Camilla Nickerson

elitemodel.fr- merged by me

^I see what you mean. Overall it still looks good. Thanks for posting

^ I loved all the pictures :heart:
Thanks a lot.

Eniko Mihalik by Ezra Petronio

elitemodel.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning! This looks really good.

^I know, she looks stunning. Can't wait to get this myself.

Thanks ASF for posting these, wish I can see all the Malgosia's pics in this issue ^_^:heart:

eniko keep continue showing her boobs in self service...there's nothing new on those pics. boring!!!

yep, unfortunately that issue is really "cheap priced" for `em: only 3 photosessions + only one of them is truly high-priced: sure, its sorrenti`s one.
`39 looks` was made by their "legal" contributors (ezra and suzanne koller are members of petronio ***.) + instead these 114 pages ususal mag (such as V- its the same mood, and aesthetic in Guinevere ed, also studio+location shots) would made it 30 paged maximum. Even in these 14 pages feauture which i posted you can see more doubled shots (which should be out-take, to be honest) there are not so many looks (that means not so much work for stylist, model, and other shooting team members)+ lot of nudiy. so despite other work for petronio team ( its also `work in progress`creative team- they had diff. names formerly, now its the one association with one name) such as Pucci, Miu Miu, YSL ads and catalogs that half of the year isnt best for `em... i would not be surprised if its the last self service issue...

i'm sorry but this looks soooo underwhelming compared with what i've seen from them in previous years. looks like they're heading down purple territory now. and the nudity,they did that in the previous issues....it's so incredibly tedious!!! i don't mind it but when you show it every issue,to the point of overshadowing actual story-telling with clothing,it's mind numbing.

looks like they're heading down purple territory now.

I've loved previous editions of this mag, but there is some tendency to what you mention. I can't agree more with you.

^oh i tell you SS and purple were my bibles...and i'm just so utterly disappointed in their directions these days. makes me sad really. where has the creativity and that idiosyncratic vision gone?

Wasn't Eniko on the cover of the last SS?! Why did they give her another editorial? Even though she looks amazing, use some different models.

yep, unfortunately that issue is really "cheap priced" for `em: only 3 photosessions + only one of them is truly high-priced: sure, its sorrenti`s one.
`39 looks` was made by their "legal" contributors (ezra and suzanne koller are members of petronio ***.) + instead these 114 pages ususal mag (such as V- its the same mood, and aesthetic in Guinevere ed, also studio+location shots) would made it 30 paged maximum. Even in these 14 pages feauture which i posted you can see more doubled shots (which should be out-take, to be honest) there are not so many looks (that means not so much work for stylist, model, and other shooting team members)+ lot of nudiy. so despite other work for petronio team ( its also `work in progress`creative team- they had diff. names formerly, now its the one association with one name) such as Pucci, Miu Miu, YSL ads and catalogs that half of the year isnt best for `em... i would not be surprised if its the last self service issue...

I do agree there are signs of them cutting costs ( the publisher himself has been shooting more eds and
cutting out other photographers, and now hes even shooting the cover ) and this isn't great for SS as far
as I'm concerned, the quality really drops and u have to consider this is a really expensive journal, and it
takes really good content for most people to pick up an issue, the expensive looking cloth binding is great
but it isn't really important what really matters are the editorials, so hopefully they bring back their regular
contributors like inez & vinoodh to make the issue more desirable ( the last issue isn't great too imo but at
least its better than its issue as far as I know, less of polaroids and more variety )

I agree with you surrealseven.
I think that it became a "trend"... Lots of interesting mags that were released about 10 years ago are doing this - a letdown of contents. I cannot stand V anymore, even the covers... And V used to be one of my favorite mags, for its covers (that used to feature interesting photography and graphics) and eds.
Same thing happened with Pop, Numero... Even though I think that this lack of quality hasn't arrived in Self Service yet.

I kinda like Petronio's polaroids. I don' see this as a lack of content. It's his mag, so he's free to do whatever he want's to do. But you have a point when you're saying that there cutting costs. No Richardson, Inez&Vinoodh, Rahwles, Teller: these were the photographers who made it worth buying Self Service, because let's face it, it's kinda a pricy magazine. I haven't seen this issue yet, but I hope it can amaze me in some way! Self Service today is still a lot better than V, PURPLE, ... I can only hope this is not their last issue, and they continue to surprise me with this and their future issues. (I still have high hopes that Ezra hires Mert&Marcus to contribute in a future issue of Self Service)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->