Sexual Misconduct Allegations in the Fashion Industry

^^ It makes you think how any of these models have real "friendships" with one another and then you think back to all those rumors of them. Candice's "friend" Lais was one of the models to come out and accuse Bellemere. Wonder what she thought of Candice's post.

I wouldn't be surprised if the agents play a role in the conditioning too. They scout these girls at such a young age and feed them lies about the world. So many of them barely have a middle school education.

Model alliance posted on instagram a few months ago encouraging VS models to speak up about these things. They were quickly shut down with girls saying, I remember Lais specifically, that VS is the best brand to work for. I'm dying to see what they are going to say now, if anything at all.
Also blind gossip posted a few months ago (after Epstein's ''suicide'') that VS models visited him at home so God knows what happened there.
This industry sure has a dark side.

Model alliance posted on instagram a few months ago encouraging VS models to speak up about these things. They were quickly shut down with girls saying, I remember Lais specifically, that VS is the best brand to work for. I'm dying to see what they are going to say now, if anything at all.
Also blind gossip posted a few months ago (after Epstein's ''suicide'') that VS models visited him at home so God knows what happened there.
This industry sure has a dark side.

Maybe they have to say that because they are still under contract. Doutzen works with the Model Alliance and she has spoken out against VS because she left them. Same with Erin Heatherton speaking out against them but then she lost her friends. Adriana has been pissed off by VS for a long time. It seems like it requires some age and maturity to realize that the stuff they've experienced is not ok. Models really are too young.

I remember that. Sara was very active in the argument as well.
I mean, I can understand how complicated the situation is for contracted models. But...why answer in the first place?
Also, that IG post asked VS to protect their models, they weren't really accusing them of anything (they can't do that on an IG post without getting in serious legal problems). So instead of getting defensive, just say that they are great and already doing that. If they really feel the need to comment. By attacking the alliance, you're only making people feel like there is something to hide.

Lisa Bloom ordered to cough up $28K to opponent in court setback

By Sara Nathan
June 15, 2020 | 7:47pm

Power lawyer Lisa Bloom has been ordered to pay photographer Bruce Weber over $28,000 in legal costs.

Bloom’s repping model Jason Boyce, who claims he was sexually assaulted by Weber at a 2014 shoot. But last week, a federal judge ordered Bloom to pay Weber’s attorneys’ fees and other costs after one of her expert witnesses, a clinical neuropsychologist, refused to answer certain questions at a deposition.

Upon insistence from Bloom and her team, the deposition was shut down. She then chose to reschedule, and now has to pay the fees. Weber had asked for more than $100,000 in compensation.

Bloom, who’s repping six plaintiffs in total against Weber, commented to Page Six: “The parties had a dispute about certain lines of questioning at the deposition of our expert witness. The magistrate judge ruled against our objections. We then offered a reasonable amount to resolve the issue,” but Weber’s team “asked for an absurd amount, and brought another motion, which the magistrate judge now deems ‘not reasonable.’

“We agree, and appreciate that the court … instead awarded the same amount we previously offered. We look forward to returning to what this case is about.”

Page Six

Buying Myself Back

Emily R details her sexual assault allegation against Jonathan Leder.

The whole essay is an interesting read, about paparazzi photo rights, Richard Prince ig "paintings," and the process of how her infamous photoshoot with Jonathan Leder happened.

Over-the-top denial, via Page Six, from Leder's rep:

A rep for Imperial Publishing, which represents Leder, emphatically denied Ratajkowski’s claims to Page Six on Tuesday.

“We are all deeply disturbed to read Ms. Ratajkowski’s latest (false) statements to NY Mag in her never-ending search for press and publicity,” the rep said. “Of course Mr. Leder totally denies her outrageous allegations of being ‘assaulted.’ It is grotesque and sad that she is so vindictive to lie in such a way to the press routinely.”

I'm surprised this isn't getting much discussion here (I even got a notification on my phone today that started with 'Linda Evangelista' when god knows it's either Trump, Biden or Covid-19 monopolizing these lately lol).. it's been forever but I remember reading Gérald Marie's name in every magazine as a kid, he seemed like one of those ultra powerful, ultra popular, untouchable figures in fashion (but frankly, I didn't know anything about fashion and was way too young.. don't know whether he wasn't all that or whether he was and then some in order to be somewhat familiar among the completely clueless like myself lol).

Linda Evangelista praises women accusing her ex-husband of r*pe

Exclusive: supermodel speaks out after four more women accuse Gérald Marie of sexual misconduct

The supermodel Linda Evangelista has praised the “courage and strength” shown by a growing number of women accusing her ex-husband, the model agency boss Gérald Marie, of sexual misconduct and r*pe.

Speaking exclusively to the Guardian’s Weekend magazine, Evangelista said she believed the women’s accounts of their experiences with Marie, who for over three decades was among the most powerful figures in the fashion industry.

“During my relationship with Gérald Marie, I knew nothing of these sexual allegations against him, so I was unable to help these women,” said Evangelista, who was married to Marie between 1987 and 1993.

“Hearing them now, and based on my own experiences, I believe that they are telling the truth. It breaks my heart because these are wounds that may never heal, and I admire their courage and strength for speaking up today.”

Evangelista is one of the most famous and influential models of all time. Her intervention was prompted by four more models coming forward to accuse her ex-husband of r*pe or sexual misconduct in the Weekend magazine. They bring the total number of women to publicly accuse Marie of sexual misconduct or r*pe to nine. Eight of them tell their stories in Saturday’s issue of the magazine.

Marie is the former European president of Elite model agency, which at the time represented some of the world’s top models, including Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer and Naomi Campbell. He strongly denies all allegations of sexual misconduct and r*pe.

Last month, prosecutors in France opened an investigation into Marie over allegations including r*pe from four women. They include Carré Otis, a top model in the 90s, who was 17 when she says Marie repeatedly raped her while she was living in the spare room of his apartment in 1986.

Evangelista was dating Marie at the time and was not there when the alleged abuse happened. There is no suggestion from Otis or any of the models that Evangelista was aware of the allegations at the time.

Others who have filed criminal complaints in France include Jill Dodd, who alleges Marie raped her in 1980; Ebba Karlsson, who alleges Marie digitally raped her in 1990, and the former undercover journalist Lisa Brinkworth, who told the Sunday Times the model agency boss assaulted her when she was working on an exposé of the modelling industry for the BBC in 1998.

Marie’s lawyers said he was “extremely affected” by the accusations made against him, which he firmly contests. “He intends to actively participate in the manifestation of the truth within the scope of the opened criminal investigation,” they said.
via The Guardian

The Guardian has been covering this story for a while now.. it seems women have been making these allegations and getting close to charge him for 40 years without much happening.. except for that Elite vs. BBC battle in 1999 where the BBC decided to throw their undercover journalist under the bus in a negotiation with Elite and Gérald Marie resigned only to be reinstated later..

The tea has been spilled with regards to Alexander Wang’s apparently countless sexual assaults. I’m watching it unfold on Diet Prada’s feed right now. Would this add insult to injury that is his declining career?

To be honest, it now creeps me out a little bit scrolling down in his insta profile and suddenly seeing how much he posts about babies and children regularly... doesn't feel right anymore.

I just read this... I didn’t know Ed had a son working at VS.

Looked him up, there’s a pic of him kissing Adriana at the 2003 show. Seems “playful” but that easily lead to “daddy can get me a VS model”

I’d love to hear the stories Alessandra and Adriana have to say. They were probably safe after a while when their profile grew but in the very early 2000’s they we’re probably top targets.

I’d love to hear the stories Alessandra and Adriana have to say. They were probably safe after a while when their profile grew but in the very early 2000’s they we’re probably top targets.

I’d love to have them team up for a US Vogue cover/feature on not just their perspective on VS but what it means to have been the faces of “sexy” for a generation and what that means now in this Me Too era.

Who could that be? There are so many called out every year. Alex Wang, Tom Ford, Jeremy Scott, DSquared brothers. Check the sh*t model mgmt list and there are some other designers there too.
Heck I never heard of the Tom Ford allegations, I’m guessing they meant Wang but to be fair it’s might be a clickbait from CNAD

^ I'm sorry someone tried to pull down his pants at a party but... the accompanying picture to the story.. :ninja::lol:

merlin_183802476_b5a1c290-4009-477c-9713-94b0604d36a3-superJumbo.jpg
[nytimes]

.. maybe it's different for men, but I thought the safe formula for the 'I'm a victim and this is my story' look was fully facing the camera for starters, natural makeup/hair, little emphasis on body, non-prescription glasses if available, you know, that 'I'm the good one' instead of the 'I'm the villain.. the employee you will regret firing' soap opera vibe. So much production (noir, the shadows, the reflection) for a story that mostly just makes me conclude everyone in this company only lasted there based on some cattiness-meter performance.

^ I'm sorry someone tried to pull down his pants at a party but... the accompanying picture to the story.. :ninja::lol:

View attachment 1168126
[nytimes]

.. maybe it's different for men, but I thought the safe formula for the 'I'm a victim and this is my story' look was fully facing the camera for starters, natural makeup/hair, little emphasis on body, non-prescription glasses if available, you know, that 'I'm the good one' instead of the 'I'm the villain.. the employee you will regret firing' soap opera vibe. So much production (noir, the shadows, the reflection) for a story that mostly just makes me conclude everyone in this company only lasted there based on some cattiness-meter performance.

Perhaps, in a minor way, this could change the conversation on what a victim looks like. He admits to being drunk at the time, but that doesn't take away from what happened. Bottom line is, he was sexually assaulted; that is what is of importance there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->