Sexual Misconduct Allegations in the Fashion Industry

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by ThatDudeOverTher, Dec 1, 2017.

1. theBlueRider

theBlueRider Active Member

^^ It makes you think how any of these models have real "friendships" with one another and then you think back to all those rumors of them. Candice's "friend" Lais was one of the models to come out and accuse Bellemere. Wonder what she thought of Candice's post.

I wouldn't be surprised if the agents play a role in the conditioning too. They scout these girls at such a young age and feed them lies about the world. So many of them barely have a middle school education.

2. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

Model alliance posted on instagram a few months ago encouraging VS models to speak up about these things. They were quickly shut down with girls saying, I remember Lais specifically, that VS is the best brand to work for. I'm dying to see what they are going to say now, if anything at all.
    Also blind gossip posted a few months ago (after Epstein's ''suicide'') that VS models visited him at home so God knows what happened there.
    This industry sure has a dark side.

mellowgloom, dodencebt, dsamg and 2 others like this.
  3. theBlueRider

theBlueRider Active Member

Maybe they have to say that because they are still under contract. Doutzen works with the Model Alliance and she has spoken out against VS because she left them. Same with Erin Heatherton speaking out against them but then she lost her friends. Adriana has been pissed off by VS for a long time. It seems like it requires some age and maturity to realize that the stuff they've experienced is not ok. Models really are too young.

gunsnroses likes this.
  4. anaa lpz

anaa lpz Well-Known Member

I remember that. Sara was very active in the argument as well.
    I mean, I can understand how complicated the situation is for contracted models. But...why answer in the first place?
    Also, that IG post asked VS to protect their models, they weren't really accusing them of anything (they can't do that on an IG post without getting in serious legal problems). So instead of getting defensive, just say that they are great and already doing that. If they really feel the need to comment. By attacking the alliance, you're only making people feel like there is something to hide.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Lisa Bloom ordered to cough up $28K to opponent in court setback

By Sara Nathan
    June 15, 2020 | 7:47pm

Power lawyer Lisa Bloom has been ordered to pay photographer Bruce Weber over $28,000 in legal costs.

Bloom’s repping model Jason Boyce, who claims he was sexually assaulted by Weber at a 2014 shoot. But last week, a federal judge ordered Bloom to pay Weber’s attorneys’ fees and other costs after one of her expert witnesses, a clinical neuropsychologist, refused to answer certain questions at a deposition.

Upon insistence from Bloom and her team, the deposition was shut down. She then chose to reschedule, and now has to pay the fees. Weber had asked for more than $100,000 in compensation.

Bloom, who’s repping six plaintiffs in total against Weber, commented to Page Six: “The parties had a dispute about certain lines of questioning at the deposition of our expert witness. The magistrate judge ruled against our objections. We then offered a reasonable amount to resolve the issue,” but Weber’s team “asked for an absurd amount, and brought another motion, which the magistrate judge now deems ‘not reasonable.’

“We agree, and appreciate that the court … instead awarded the same amount we previously offered. We look forward to returning to what this case is about.”

Page Six

6. Will Ross

Will Ross Well-Known Member

The irony of Lisa Bloom representing them when she was advising Weinstein during his sexual assault/abuse charges is a LOL. I feel like anyone else should be handling these cases not miss fame and attention seeking bloom. Sad to say but she’s going to end up getting nothing but press for these guys (mostly negative and more for herself naturally) and then skip on to the next hot button controversy.

7. nastassia

nastassia Active Member

I feel bad for this male model, I imagine he hired her before the whole Weinstein debacle came to light, and now his lawyer is the less credible person ever to defend a victim of sexual assault.

8. axiomatic

axiomatic Well-Known Member

Buying Myself Back

Emily R details her sexual assault allegation against Jonathan Leder.

The whole essay is an interesting read, about paparazzi photo rights, Richard Prince ig "paintings," and the process of how her infamous photoshoot with Jonathan Leder happened.

tapenerd likes this.
  9. axiomatic

axiomatic Well-Known Member

Over-the-top denial, via Page Six, from Leder's rep:

Benn98 and tapenerd like this.
  10. tapenerd

tapenerd Well-Known Member

The fact that he said she couldn’t be a victim because she posed for Treats Magazine (and was naked in a Robin Thicke video), is everything that is wrong with society. He’s disgusting.

11. [Piece Of Me]

[Piece Of Me] Well-Known Member

I know. What a gross comment to make.

tapenerd likes this.