Sexual Misconduct Allegations in the Fashion Industry

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by ThatDudeOverTher, Dec 1, 2017.

1. ThatDudeOverTher

ThatDudeOverTher Active Member

Not gonna happen, so don't hold your breath.

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Only just saw the video of Boyce at the press conference. Truly heartbreaking to have to witness such sadness in a man! Couldn't actually finish it, too uncomfortable. I hope he'll seek psychological therapy.

As for that white haired, heave-inducing biker, hope he'll get nailed to the wall. There's a special place in hell for truly despicable men like him.

3. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

yeah when I was working at a modeling agency, we would be contacted by these "photographers" that clearly just wanted to work with male models so they could get them to take their clothes off. its disgusting

4. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

Weber Denies All Allegations of Wrongdoing in Answer to Complaint
    wwd.com

5. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

6. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

The NY Times article is out and Mario Testino is accused now:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/style/mario-testino-bruce-weber-harassment.html

Also:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/...code-of-conduct-sexual-harassment-models.html

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The end of Mario Testino? Never thought I'd see this day! Pity for Anna because he shot next month's cover and the press will have a field day with that.

The clause laid out by Hearst sounds so laughab to me. Declare any pending sexual harassment charges beforehand? Really? That's their solution to the problem? CN's may sound a bit hard-handed but the modelling industry functioned unmoderated for far too long.

8. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

IKR!
    I wonder if Vogue still has time to commision a new cover/spread? when is the february issue due?

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Too late, the issue is already on sale.....

10. MON

MON Well-Known Member

But I think they can still change the cover when the issue is reprinted for restock.

11. kokobombon

of course! I forgot that Serena´s cover is february´s :doh:

was there talk about March´s cover in the rumor thread?

12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Sh*t, yes! March was also shot by him, I think. That can be reshot, I'm sure.

Mon, I didn't know they could do that. It will mean two covers will float around. Bear in mind that Amazon is sitting with a lot of stock. If this was March or Sept I'd sat maybe. But Feb is not a busy month. They probably won't even go for a 2nd print as it is.
    Think about the implications. Serena and her bub will have to avail themselves again if it's a reshoot. It only worked for Elle with Richardson because I don't think the issue was printed at the time.

#72 Benn98, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Brandi06dance: Jan 13, 2018
  13. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Heard stories about Testino for years, from models, to his former assistants that had some cringe worthy experiences right from Harvey Weinstein book!!

How glorious to see someone as powerful as Testino be held accountable, i thought the day would never come! The amount of support this man has in the industry, despite many knowing, is insane!!

Surprised and happy by Anna's statement, it truly feels like we are at a point of change in the world, and creeps are being weeded OUT!! The fact they won't work wtih him, no CN title, is amazing step, and i hope he doesn' weasel himself out of this, and more people come forward!

14. kokobombon

^I´d also imagine that brands won´t work with him, not just magazines. Stuart Weitzman must be banging their heads against the walls... so far is the only SS2018 campaign out with Testino. I wonder about Michael Kors, Burberry, Carolina Herrera...

15. Miss Dalloway

^ Very curious to see how those brands respond, especially Kors who has been using him for so long! He needs to be shut out completely!

His lawyers response is such BS! They always come after the vicitims, and to discredit them!

16. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Has any of the Testino accusers been named / revealed? Or are the reports sticking with a mere general allegation of “13 employees” “male models” “have accused...”.

17. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

+1, let them fall hard and never come back.

18. Miss Dalloway

Yes, some have been named on the record, quite a few spoke to NYT, but several kept Anonymous, and i think for there to be truly "The end of MT", we need more of them to step forward!! Someone as powerful as him, could easily get out of this!

19. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

We’ve all heard countless stories about Testino and Weber and I am glad victimized models and assistants are finally coming out. I have a hunch that this is not the end of it and that more public allegations will follow.

20. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

Why would you not believe him because of not finding anything via Google?!